The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks - Stars (Proposal)

On 2017-5-22 at 1:44 PM, Alflives said:

It's that third overall pick that's the key.  To me, which goalie we take back is not of importance.  

For sure, we would only have to live with him for a season, and of course could try and trade him to a team with goalie health issues or looking for depth for their run near the deadline ( cap of course making this difficult).  Both could bounce back too, you never know, remember back up Bob who was supposedly done and outplayed our number one...

On May 21, 2017 at 8:06 PM, nickels said:

Full tank mode...

Tanev and Edler to the Stars

For their 2 1st's and 2nd

#3 overall

#30 overall (from Ana for Eaves)

#39 overall (their 2nd)

Rights to Nichuskin

and we eat rest of Niemis contract.

IMO...Bishop, Edler and Tanev make the Stars one of the top 2-3 teams in the west for the next couple seasons.

They are clearly built  to win now...

We add these picks to ours and have 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds....time for JB to show us he can draft.

In 2-3 years these draft picks are ready for prime time...Nichuskin and Trym return and join the rest of our age appropriate core and we're a factor again.

Wow! You are all in!

I like it as it gives Dallas a big boost to have a premier shut down line to play alongside the Klingberg/Lindell line.

I can't say that this doesn't make sense for a team in rebuild mode, but very unlikely I guess because of size of trade.

Do you think Dallas would want a forward back too? Like a Baertschi or Granlund? I wonder because they are essentially giving the Nucks 3 first round picks with the rights to Nichushkin. I wonder if taking back Lehtonen instead and maybe eating 1.5 million on the last two years of Edler's contract make it more affordable for Dallas and too good to pass up for Jim Nill.

I wonder if Edler would go for it? Still plays with Tanev and with Hammer there too.

This is obviously a post Expansion Draft trade.

To Dallas: Baertschi, Tanev, Edler (1.5m retained) 

To Van: Lehtonen, 3rd overall, 30th (or 29th?) overall, 39 overall, Nichushkin

I'm not sure this is balanced or not.

Beartschi & Tanev = 3rd overall and Lehtonen

Edler (with reduced cap) = 30th, 39th & Nichushkin

Maybe Dallas asks for another pick back?

At Draft: Vancouver gets a shot at moving up to 2nd overall for a shot at Hischier or Patrick, or just picks Vilardi/Glass and (I personally believe) JB should take a right shot D if he thinks Liljegren and Heiskanen are about even.

I think that Tanev is an excellent commodity and we will not need him for at least 2 years. Same with Edler.  By then Tryamkin will be back, Juolevi will be a regular, Stecher, gudbranson, sbisa and Hutton will be in their prime.  The time to trade them, if there is a good market is now.  With this being perceived as a bad draft, I think teams are more likely to deal.  This will make us weaker for next year and guarantee another high pick in a very strong draft.  In the mean time, we get more prospects.

I like any trade that will shed us of older players on long contracts and bring in more prospects and/or picks.

We need speed and talent.  

If taking Niemi or Lehtonen gets it done, do it!

If we have to throw in some 3rd and 4th round picks to get 1st and 2nd round picks, do it!

The more high end talent we can acquire in a hurry, the more chance that some of it pans out in 2-3 years when Bo, Brock, Thatcher, Nikita, Dahlen, Goldobin, Juolevi are ready to rock.

Archived