The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Jan Rutta and Romain Loeffel.. (Kovar, Gusev, Dadonov)

Two stud right handed dmen playing at the world hockey championships. Rutta from the Czech's and Loeffel from the Swiss. Both teams are out now, but if you can see their quarterfinal matches or group games, then I suggest you check them out. Jim Benning is over in France checking out a few puck moving dmen from Group B, and i'm very confident that these two are them. Radim Simek is another interesting dman from the Czech's who looks like a guy who fits the mold of these smallish puck moving dmen in the new NHL.

*Hopefully he is looking at some forwards over there as well. Don't know if Rodin will be coming back this year, so with Shipachyev already signing for Vegas, 24 year old Nikita Gusev looks like a player who could immediately come in to our squad on our 2nd line and produce. Jan Kovar has still not come over to the NHL, so I don't see why this year would be any different. But now that he has millions saved up playing in Russia, maybe he feels its time to test himself. Evgeny Dadonov was an obvious talent with the Florida Panthers that was missing a lot in his game, but now he looks like he has really figured it out.

5 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

I thought Kovar signed with the Canucks or something.

well we should know soon if thats true. It would be a nice pickup for sure with more potential than Rodin imo. 

Noticed a tweet by D. Dreger yesterday that said the only Canadian teams in on Rutta were the two Alberta teams. He wasn't saying they were the front runners, just that they were the only Canadian teams in on him. Didn't see anything about the other players. 

Tried to get a copy of the tweet, but I was not having any luck. 

2 hours ago, John McClane said:

Noticed a tweet by D. Dreger yesterday that said the only Canadian teams in on Rutta were the two Alberta teams. He wasn't saying they were the front runners, just that they were the only Canadian teams in on him. Didn't see anything about the other players. 

Tried to get a copy of the tweet, but I was not having any luck. 

So that means we're definitely in on him!

Archived