The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] With Juices Contract Up Do The Canucks Bring Him Back?

2 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Two years ago he was a better quote machine than serviceable defenceman. Especially now I would have to pass. 

I would love to have him back in a coaching capacity or just see him do media after he retires though. 

Or as a guilt-free 4th liner just for snarls.

Just now, appleboy said:

Trade Edler and Tanev and sign Juice for one year deals.

Trade tanev and edler  and don't sign juice. Build and play the young guys we wouldn't have lost tryamkin if the crap coach played him.

Give the opportunity to the future not the past.  

Edmonton floundered for years with young high draft picks because of a lack of good veteran leadership to teach the young guys to be pros.  I really don't want to see the nucks go down the same road.  If LS and CT are gone Kevin makes sense on a one year contract.  Like we did with Mats from Toronto for the Sedins.

1 hour ago, combover said:

Trade tanev and edler  and don't sign juice. Build and play the young guys we wouldn't have lost tryamkin if the crap coach played him.

Give the opportunity to the future not the past.  

I think Tryamkin would have found any excuse to go home. There is never a guaranty with young players. We may need a veteran D man is what I was saying. Pull assets out of Edler and Tanev and sign a vet with some grit.

one of the biggest reasons to move bieksa out in the first place was to change the voice of the team and replace the leadership group. they're not about to negate that. 

just accept that all good things must come to an end and look back fondly on bieksa's time here and the highs and lows of that era. 

Just now, Gollumpus said:

Sure, re-sign him. He can be a 5 - dman here, and serve as the CDC whipping boy for the next year or so. 

regards,  G.

So, in an ironic way, Juice does shelter the younger guys - from criticism.   

Archived