The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

22 dead, 100+ injured at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is what hippy doesn't understand. These Muslims are killing in the name of Allah. The killers he posted did not kill in the name of God.

You're missing the point of that but you're partially correct.

In the end dead is dead

But once someone kills in the name of a magical sky fairy, the entire faith gets lambasted.  it just seems this decades hot topic faith is Muslim

I believe now, and have stated numerous times.  That there is NO difference between 1 person shooting 4-5-10 people than someone setting a bomb off in a crowded venue.  The end result is the same, the reasoning and motive behind it are the same regardless of premise.

If you intend to kill large numbers of people, the reason doesn't matter to the dead or those affected,  Dead is dead

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

MORE than 10,000 people have falsely claimed they were at the Ariana Grande’s concert targeted by terrorists to get free tickets to Sunday’s tribute concert, it has been revealed.

Tickets for the gig sold out in just minutes this morning, with Ticketmaster slamming “opportunists or touts” who have been applying for the free tickets.

Ticketmaster today revealed 14,200 tickets had been set aside for those at last week’s Ariana Grande concert – but they had received more than 25,000 applications to attend Sunday’s gig for free.

A spokesperson said: “Sadly, over 10,000 unscrupulous applications have been made.

“At Ticketmaster we are doing everything we can – including extending today’s deadline – to ensure that tickets go to the actual fans and not the opportunists or touts who have also been applying for free tickets.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3696859/ariana-grande-manchester-concert-tickets-sell-out-tickets-free/

WTF is wrong with people?

Scum is scum.

14 minutes ago, Toews said:

The Lord's Resistance Army does kill in the name of God. 

And like hippy said dead is dead. Adam Lanza was just as much a terrorist as Omar Mateen. 

You're both wrong imo and I'm really trying to understand how you can make this statement.

to dismiss a cause of death just to say "it doesn't matter because they're dead" doesn't make sense to me. 

Death by terrorists/murder or death by cardiac arrest can still be used as a learning tool for future preventative measures.  

I doubt either you or @Warhippy would suggest this to any of the victims families face to face.

not trying to denounce either of you because I value your posts whether or not I'm an agreement but this idea just boggles me.

would really like either to explain.  Pointing out other radicals murderous endeavours is not a reasonable explanation imo.

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're missing the point of that but you're partially correct.

In the end dead is dead

But once someone kills in the name of a magical sky fairy, the entire faith gets lambasted.  it just seems this decades hot topic faith is Muslim

I believe now, and have stated numerous times.  That there is NO difference between 1 person shooting 4-5-10 people than someone setting a bomb off in a crowded venue.  The end result is the same, the reasoning and motive behind it are the same regardless of premise.

If you intend to kill large numbers of people, the reason doesn't matter to the dead or those affected,  Dead is dead

But hippy the argument isn't about the dead, the argument is about what is causing the dead. Is it a mythical fairy god, is it alcohol or is "xzy".  When you look at the cause you can start to make a case why that cause may be something you want to avoid.

For someone who's so against firearms I'm shocked this is your stance. I guess next time there having that discussion i'll just point out dead is dead, doesn't matter if it was a bomb, a gun, or a religion nut job..   The end result is the same, the reasoning, the cause and motive behind it are the same regardless of premise.

53 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You're both wrong imo and I'm really trying to understand how you can make this statement.

to dismiss a cause of death just to say "it doesn't matter because they're dead" doesn't make sense to me. 

Death by terrorists/murder or death by cardiac arrest can still be used as a learning tool for future preventative measures.  

I doubt either you or @Warhippy would suggest this to any of the victims families face to face.

not trying to denounce either of you because I value your posts whether or not I'm an agreement but this idea just boggles me.

would really like either to explain.  Pointing out other radicals murderous endeavours is not a reasonable explanation imo.

Would you then be in said families' face telling them that religion did it?

The end result is people lose loved ones.  The reason behind it is not important.  When Shawn decided to drive home drunk killing 3 of my best friends I didn't care why he drove, I only cared about the loss.  And that is the point.

31 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But hippy the argument isn't about the dead, the argument is about what is causing the dead. Is it a mythical fairy god, is it alcohol or is "xzy".  When you look at the cause you can start to make a case why that cause may be something you want to avoid.

For someone who's so against firearms I'm shocked this is your stance. I guess next time there having that discussion i'll just point out dead is dead, doesn't matter if it was a bomb, a gun, or a religion nut job..   The end result is the same, the reasoning, the cause and motive behind it are the same regardless of premise.

Now you're just being silly

If more people had access to IED's I guess Manchester wouldn't have happened would be the new mantra then yes?

In Canada and many European countries with strict gun laws, gun violence is fairly rare.

We can argue this until the end of time.  But the end result is still death, the effect of terror is achieved whether someone shoots 10 people in their workplace or bombs 10 people at a concert.

Arguing that point is literally splitting hairs and completely pointless.  

"Let's talk about the reason and how to fix it"  Oh, don't worry they are they're talking about more immigration laws and bombing foreign countries.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

The Lord's Resistance Army does kill in the name of God. 

And like hippy said dead is dead. Adam Lanza was just as much a terrorist as Omar Mateen. 

You are right Lanza is a wing nut terrorist but he didn't kill in the name of God. These Muslims are killing in the name of Allah. I'm in no way defending those losers hippy mentioned.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are right Lanza is a wing nut terrorist but he didn't kill in the name of God. These Muslims are killing in the name of Allah. I'm in no way defending those losers hippy mentioned.

Lanza wrote a little book in 5th grade about killing children and canibalism.

He should have been in a hospital, we have 2 million people locked up.

Why not lock some more that are danger to society, instead of teaching them how to shoot guns.

In the 80's Reagan administration emptied out mental hospitals, results are very visible.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Would you then be in said families' face telling them that religion did it?

The end result is people lose loved ones.  The reason behind it is not important.  When Shawn decided to drive home drunk killing 3 of my best friends I didn't care why he drove, I only cared about the loss.  And that is the point.

I guess we'll just have to disagree here hippy.

sorry for your loss too.  Same thing happened to me two years ago.  But I'm not sure it's a fair comparison as a drunk driver makes a bad decision either in the moment or chronically.....but the result could be considered an accidental murder as opposed to someone detonating a nail bomb in an arena full of children....behind that result is a deep routed set of beliefs that multiple people (as it turns out) acted on in a planned attack.

to me the reasons matter.   Hypothetically as a parent with more than one child, I stand to lose each, either all at once or separately.  If I use Manchester as an example.

ftr.  In no way do I live in fear of this happening.  Just presenting the idea for discussion.

On 6/1/2017 at 7:15 PM, CBH1926 said:

Lanza wrote a little book in 5th grade about killing children and canibalism.

He should have been in a hospital, we have 2 million people locked up.

Why not lock some more that are danger to society, instead of teaching them how to shoot guns.

In the 80's Reagan administration emptied out mental hospitals, results are very visible.

This happened in a fair amount of Canadian provinces in the 80's and 90's. Vancouver in particular and the DTES has a number of people who shouldn't be in the general public because of the shutdown of local mental hospitals.

6 hours ago, tbone909 said:

This happened in a fair amount of Canadian provinces in the 80's and 90's. Vancouver in particular and the DTES has a number of people who shouldn't be in the general public because of the shutdown of local mental hospitals.

Downtown east side is terrible, open drug use, crime prostitution etc.

One of the safest places that I haver ever visited.

Swiss tried to do something like this in the 80's and 90's by allowing open drug use in one of Zurich's parks.

Police was not allowed to enter and drug addicts were getting free needles.

Eventually about 20 000 users and dealers started to hang around there, it was awful.

• 1 year later...

Archived