The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

22 dead, 100+ injured at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England

I feel so sick seeing the pictures, tweets, videos and news coming out of Manchester.

I grew up in Manchester, been to the MEN countless times.  I can't fathom how someone can do something so terrible at a concert full of kids.  Tonight many will be separated from their parents as the city is on lockdown.

So glad to see the city coming together, offering help to those in need.  I don't think anyone I know was down there. I guess only time will tell. 

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

He's going to be out of a job by tomorrow. Count on it.

He's a freelancer for local and national.  Unless he gets huge public blow-back, he'll get away with it for the most part and he knows it...

41 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Of course there are plenty of US conservatives in these twitter threads blaming Liberals in the US for a bombing in the UK thousands of miles away.... :picard:

One of the reasons i don't and never will have Twitter.Facebook is bad enough.

Just wait until Youtube videos are posted of this. 

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

This really sounds similar to the Paris attack back in 2015. If I recall correctly, there was an explosion at their soccer stadium that was designed to drive fans out of the stadium where there would be a suicide bomber waiting to do maximum damage. Their plans were not successful as the fans did not exit the stadium as planned. I wonder if the first explosion in this case was designed to re-route people to a different exit.

I can see that.

The police did a controlled explosion of an item in the gardens outside. 

1 minute ago, moz said:

I feel so sick seeing the pictures, tweets, videos and news coming out of Manchester.

I grew up in Manchester, been to the MEN countless times.  I can't fathom how someone can do something so terrible at a concert full of kids.  Tonight many will be separated from their parents as the city is on lockdown.

So glad to see the city coming together, offering help to those in need.  I don't think anyone I know was down there. I guess only time will tell. 

I'm from just up the road in Preston.

The really sick thing is targeting this performer who's audience is mainly teens and young adults.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

I'm from just up the road in Preston.

The really sick thing is targeting this performer who's audience is mainly teens and young adults.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't know how many times I'd cut through the MEN to get where I wanted to be (or dodge the train ticket inspector haha).  I just can't get my head around it.

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He just went into full panic damage control.  He's getting called out by other journalists BIG time.

Good. Can't imagine any publication would want to be associated with that assclown any longer.

5 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

He's a freelance writer. He has several employers. 

Had.

Internet justice is often swift and brutal and once in awhile even just.

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

He's a freelance writer. He has several employers. 

He has no employers any more.  How could he (as a person who should absolutely know better) write something so obviously vile?  

Just now, Alflives said:

He has no employers any more.  How could he (as a person who should absolutely know better) write something so obviously vile?  

Too many wobblypops?

Just now, Alflives said:

People have short memories.  He's going to take a hit in reputation and the pocketbook for a little while then everything will eventually go back to normal.

Unreal.

Sadly, this sort of stuff happens everywhere in the world. We've been so shielded from what it's really like.

Not to seem insensitive but it looks like "Bang Bang" won't be sung anytime soon, if ever.

38 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Of all people to make fun of the bombing, a reporter from Boston where the marathon bombing took place.....

He's not backing down either...  He's egging people on.

Boston%20Reporter.jpg

What an idiot. Say goodbye to your journalism career.

Archived