The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sir Roger Moore - star of 7 James Bond films, dies at 89

Heretic

Cancer? No way screw cancer. James Bond does not die of cancer. 

Everybody knows Roger Moore was still undercover and died heroically in Manchester attempting to diffuse a bomb..... While skiing backwards jumping out of a helicopter fighting a shark drinking a martini. 

Rest in peace classy man. 

5 hours ago, Monty said:

He was always my favourite Bond.

Further to this.

I hate Bond films. They're awful. Except those with Roger Moore. He had the stereotypical British, upper-class charm that really worked well in his Bond portrayal.

Trying to find a specific Roger Moore "James Bond" kill that sums up just how many f***s his Bond gave. I'll track it down, or just watch it this week, as Moore is the only Bond films my wife and I own.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Damn that really sucks. In all honesty it's easy to say he's my least favourite Bond, as I don't like most all of his movies too much. But I grew up on them, and still still watch them all the time.

Was just watching For Your Eyes Only just a day or two ago. Absolutely love that one, from his films. One of my favourite Bond movies.

Lazenby was my least fav and often forgotten Bond. 

Roger Moore was a class guy, both on and off the screen.   After his acting career was over he became a UNICEF Ambassador for many years, raising money for numerous causes.  That in my eyes made him a bigger star than all of his acting roles.

Roger Moore was 89 and the first of the men who play James Bond to die.   I always thought Sean Connery would be the first to die but Roger Moore was actually older than Sean Connery who is 86.  Roger Moore had more youthful looks than Connery so many assume Sean was older.

5 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Lazenby was my least fav and often forgotten Bond. 

Lazenby was one of my favourites. People bitch he was "wooden". It was his first acting gig, he did pretty good. He certainly fit the physical nature. 

Moore suffered from a problem with a lot of problems that has plagued 007 movies since Diamonds Are Forever, lousy scripts. Even Craig gets stuck with some lame scripts. 

(Quantum of Solace). 

1) Connery

2) Craig

3) Lazenby (yes that's my opinion pffft)

4/5 (tie) Moore and Dalton

6) Brosnan, given two good scripts, a meh script, then a horrible one with Die Another Day.

9 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Damn that really sucks. In all honesty it's easy to say he's my least favourite Bond, as I don't like most all of his movies too much. But I grew up on them, and still still watch them all the time.

Was just watching For Your Eyes Only just a day or two ago. Absolutely love that one, from his films. One of my favourite Bond movies.

By far his best Bond movie.   I'm a bigger fan of Dalton/ Connery/Craig in general, but that movie showed he could do a more serious Bond flick.  He was absolutely the right actor for the material he had to work with.  I can't see Dalton or Connory pulling off something like Moonraker as well as Moore did.

RIP.

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Trying to find a specific Roger Moore "James Bond" kill that sums up just how many f***s his Bond gave.

Got it. Rough gif, but such a beauty.

"Where's Fekkesh?"

"Pyramids!"

*Thwap*

*splat*

IMG_1631.GIF

Roger Moore was to James Bond as Clint Eastwood is to Dirty Harry - he played the role as it was meant to be.

You Lazenby lovers are free to have your opinion,  but  IMO Moore was ten times the Bond Lazenby could ever hope to be. 

Archived