The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

ftmN

Hey all, 

Couldn't find a thread for this increasingly popular early access game. Please see below.

Synopsis: 

"PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a massive 8x8 km island to be the lone survivor. This is BATTLE ROYALE". Similar synopsis to other popular games of the same genre, for those unfamiliar with the genre it is essentially 'hunger games', the game.

Official website: 

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/

Things upcoming/planned for the game:

https://ds.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/61dux1/playerunknown_dev_stream_notes/

Current patch notes:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1271550628459839077

Early Access Review:

Personally I have played other similar survival games but this one seemed more of the same. After watching hours of youtube/twitch I wasn't motivated to play this at all and I simply didn't understand the appeal of the game. Thankfully I bought it on a whim and have loved every minute since.

Discuss! 

I play it with one or two friend very regularly, but the game is a buggy, atrocious, resource-hogging mess.

I really wish VALVE would just buy this terrible developer out and re-make the game from the bottom like they did with Dota.

in the hands of a good developer this would be one of the best multiplayer games ever.

10 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

if this comes out on the ps4, heck Ill even buy an xbone one to get this game.  Looks fun

it'll get a console release -- they've confirmed it already. but they have so much work to do on the PC version and they're moving at a snail's pace that i doubt the time frame could possibly be known at this point

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

I play it with one or two friend very regularly, but the game is a buggy, atrocious, resource-hogging mess.

I really wish VALVE would just buy this terrible developer out and re-make the game from the bottom like they did with Dota.

in the hands of a good developer this would be one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Image result for lord gaben

There's certainly a lot of room to improve the game for sure but they are releasing 1-2 week updates.

I'm not sure I agree with the buggy mess statement, I have played 40~ hours the last week and there has rarely been bugs, maybe the occasional laggy server.

2 hours ago, ftmN said:

There's certainly a lot of room to improve the game for sure but they are releasing 1-2 week updates.

I'm not sure I agree with the buggy mess statement, I have played 40~ hours the last week and there has rarely been bugs, maybe the occasional laggy server.

I'd agree with this.

Lots of fun too. I've never played Arma so I'm still learning a lot of the mechanics, but the game is certainly addicting.

8 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

it'll get a console release -- they've confirmed it already. but they have so much work to do on the PC version and they're moving at a snail's pace that i doubt the time frame could possibly be known at this point

DayZ 2.0 I guess

I'll probably get Player Unknown Battleground soon, it looks fun. Might be on the summer sale

I played H1Z1 hard for a couple months and even bought a couple cool looking outfits from opskins, but I started to get very bored of it very fast, the shooting and aiming was so buggy and inconsistent it would drive me nuts. Seemed to be a lot more fun when playing in parties or groups than solo.

Archived