The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is your favorite player to watch (with caveats)?

• 2 months later...

1.  Braden Holtby - never gives up on a play and shows amazing quickness for a big guy

2.  Devan Dubnyk - pretty much for same reasons as Holtby

3.  Wayne Simmonds - guy simply wants the puck and always wants to do something positive on every shift 

I feel like I could name some new players every day. 

Duchene: Simply watching him move around the ice is amazing. He is so fundamentally and technically sound in almost every physical aspect of the game. Watching him protect the puck against bigger players with his edgework and positioning is great. Combine all that with some really soft, silky hands and a quick release and you get Duchene. 

MacKinnon: I like watching him for a lot of the same reasons as Duchene, I just see it as more of a physical marvel with MacKinnon. He's such a big, solid kid but he still outraces people all over the ice. He also has some really quick hands and a quick shot. Just watching the way he stickhandles and shoots makes my forearms sore. 

Tavares: He's always making something happen in spite of his teammates. His hands open up space, which makes him lethal. He's usually good for a nice dangle or two a game. 

Archived