The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Gun 2 is 'definitely happening', says Tom Cruise

fivethej

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:32 AM, Alflives said:

I was trying to indicate how forgettable it was.  

as popular as Alf. There was even a Nintendo video game of it. 

not sure what a sequel will be like. F14 is retired already, a two seater F18 isn't that exciting.  And wouldn't he be too old to be a fighter pilot? Perhaps he will be the top gun instructor, and trying to put some young maverick in his place, then get called into battle with N Koreans. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Can't support Scientology.  So  its a no on supporting this movie...

I'm not sure why the actor's religious belief matters. But you are allow to have your opinion.  I think all religion are full of crap, but it doesn't influence which movie or actor I watch, or what store or brand i purchase. 

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I'm not sure why the actor's religious belief matters. But you are allow to have your opinion.  I think all religion are full of crap, but it doesn't influence which movie or actor I watch, or what store or brand i purchase. 

To each their own. 

Wikopedia

Scientology in Canada has encountered difficulties in obtaining status as a tax exempt organization, as has happened in other countries.

Legal status as a religion

Religious scholars David G. Bromley and Douglas Cowan, writing in a 2006 publication, state that Scientology has so far failed to gain official recognition as a religion in Canada.[1]

The Church has failed to win status as a federally registered charity for tax purposes.[2] A November 2007 article in The Varsity, a University of Toronto student newspaper, stated that the Church of Scientology is classified as a religious non-profit organization in Canada whose ministers can perform marriages, and that Scientologist public servants are allowed to take time off work for Scientologist holidays.[3] However, since marriage is governed in Canada by provincial law, its unclear whether Scientology is actually accredited in any Canadian province to perform legal marriages.

40 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

not sure what a sequel will be like. F14 is retired already, a two seater F18 isn't that exciting.  And wouldn't he be too old to be a fighter pilot? Perhaps he will be the top gun instructor, and trying to put some young maverick in his place, then get called into battle with N Koreans. 

Isn't there an F35 now?  BTW I don't see any Maverick dolls out there.  :lol:

43 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Well to be fair, John Wayne was 60 in The Green Berets. They will probably make it a navy propaganda film with F-35C's (barf). 

Archived