The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TB-VAN

to tb: tanev, gaunce

to van: point, 1st pick 2017 (14th overall)

point is an highly touted prospect who just played for canada and tb would have a no.1 pair of hedman-tanev

sedin-sedin-goldobin

baertschi-horvat-boeser

eriksson-point-granlund

dorsett-sutter-virtanen

cramarossa

say we draft a C at no.5 plus with dahlen and point then we just loaded up on young centers, BUT maybe this deal would allow the canucks to feel more comfortable with picking a D with the acquisition of point

I like it. Simply because the 14th overall gives us a chance to draft 6'3 Vesalainen and allows us to get rid of Sutter. 

Maybe Edler and Sutter to Dallas for Niemi Lehtonen and 3rd. Dallas easily becomes a contender next year. 

I like this proposal, it addresses our need for a centerman and gives us that much needed 2nd pick in the first round to snag another top D man.

The question is what will Tampa be giving up in the expansion draft if Tanev is aquired and will Tanev put them in even more cap trouble ?

TB will NOT trade Point. Cheap contract, great production, and John Cooper loves him. 

But if they are crazy enough to do it, and they decide to package him AND their 1st Rd pk this year for Tanev, Ryan Callahan and his heavy contract would have to be included, and I would say a 3rd Rd pick would be going Tampa's way too. 

Besides TOR, Tampa is IMO actually the best fit for a Tanev trade.  I'm thinking if there is a deal to be made WITHOUT having to take on Callahan, it would be 

Tanev for Tampa's 1st and someone like Taylor Raddysh. 

I btw, would be all in for bringing on a contract like Callahan if it brings in a Drouin or Point. 

I'm a pretty big Tampa fan so I've seen Point play a lot this year and he stepped up big time with all of the injuries. Tampa's focus is getting enough cap space to re-sign Drouin and Johnson, so trading Point makes no sense for them

11 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

I'm a pretty big Tampa fan so I've seen Point play a lot this year and he stepped up big time with all of the injuries. Tampa's focus is getting enough cap space to re-sign Drouin and Johnson, so trading Point makes no sense for them

Bickell plus Teravainen getting moved to Carolina, or Bolland plus Crouse getting traded to Arizona ring a bell?  

Twice it's teams trying to free up cap space for dead weight players, then adding a premium asset to a bottom feeder to take on the declining player.  There's plenty of precedence in the league even in recent memory, and while losing Point would be a pretty heavy price to pay, the forward and center group is still very young and talented, enough so to offset losing Brayden should Stevie Y get so desperate.  Remember, there's 3 big-time R.F.A.'s that he needs to re-sign (Johnson, Palat, Drouin) and Stevie can deal with two issues at once (losing Callahan and keeping his core intact).

Point, 1st and Callahan for Tanev and 2nd (or whatever pick, hopefully beside the 1st, to offset the difference in value) would be a nice deal IMO.  If they can't re-sign Drouin and swap him in for Point I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed, as long as Jonathan is willing to sign here.  

4 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I like Point but I think he'd get worked physically in the Pacific Division. 

Kid's a special talent. He overcomes his size.

1 hour ago, Tambo said:

TB will NOT trade Point. Cheap contract, great production, and John Cooper loves him. 

But if they are crazy enough to do it, and they decide to package him AND their 1st Rd pk this year for Tanev, Ryan Callahan and his heavy contract would have to be included, and I would say a 3rd Rd pick would be going Tampa's way too. 

Besides TOR, Tampa is IMO actually the best fit for a Tanev trade.  I'm thinking if there is a deal to be made WITHOUT having to take on Callahan, it would be 

I btw, would be all in for bringing on a contract like Callahan if it brings in a Drouin or Point. 

Agreed. Really like Point.

Agree, Tampa would have to dump someone (most likely Callahan) at the same time.

Tampa has a lot of pieces that I would like to acquire.

Raddysh or, Howden might be more realistic (than B. Point) on top of the #14 pick, but I'd be thrilled with any one of them.

We'll have a lot of wingers, so I'd even include 1 or even 2 of Baertschi / Granlund / Goldobin if we could get Drouin included in the trade:  

Tanev + Goldobin + Granlund for #14 + Drouin + Raddysh + Callahan (cap dump) would be very interesting.  Not sure who has to add.

Take the best available C with the #5 pick (Mittelstadt, Glass, Vilardi) and take someone like Suzuki, Lias Andersson or Pettersson (with the # 14 pick this year)

Use our 2nd rounders on D....

I'd like to see something like this in a couple of years:

J. Drouin          --- C. Mittelstadt      --- B. Boeser               

L. Eriksson       --- B. Horvat           --- T. Raddysh        

J. Dahlen         --- L. Andersson     --- A. Rodin

J. Virtanen       --- A. Gaudette      ---  Z. MacEwan

Still leaves Sutter, Baertschi, Lockwood, Zhukenov...

There's a lot of talent there, and most players could move around in the line-up to find the best chemistry.

Trade whoever doesn't fit for a Defenceman.

2 hours ago, -Stammer- said:

It does if we take back Callahan. TB needs to get rid of his contract. I'm not sure if he is 35. If he is buying him out does nothing to alleviate their cap issue.Ya, they lose Point but at the same time, Tanev makes their D a whole lot better. And allows them som cap flexibility. These types of trades will be the norm until our dollar rebounds and the cap goes up more as it was expected.

I personally would leave out Gaunce and send A 3rd to Lv to take Dorsett of our hands. If he has A full nmc then buy him out the guy is useless in my books.Both fan bases hate it so that must mean it is A good trade.

1 hour ago, Agoork said:

Agree, Tampa would have to dump someone (most likely Callahan) at the same time.

Tampa has a lot of pieces that I would like to acquire.

Raddysh or, Howden might be more realistic (than B. Point) on top of the #14 pick, but I'd be thrilled with any one of them.

We'll have a lot of wingers, so I'd even include 1 or even 2 of Baertschi / Granlund / Goldobin if we could get Drouin included in the trade:  

Tanev + Goldobin + Granlund for #14 + Drouin + Raddysh + Callahan (cap dump) would be very interesting.  Not sure who has to add.

Take the best available C with the #5 pick (Mittelstadt, Glass, Vilardi) and take someone like Suzuki, Lias Andersson or Pettersson (with the # 14 pick this year)

Use our 2nd rounders on D....

I'd like to see something like this in a couple of years:

J. Drouin          --- C. Mittelstadt      --- B. Boeser               

L. Eriksson       --- B. Horvat           --- T. Raddysh        

J. Dahlen         --- L. Andersson     --- A. Rodin

J. Virtanen       --- A. Gaudette      ---  Z. MacEwan

Still leaves Sutter, Baertschi, Lockwood, Zhukenov...

There's a lot of talent there, and most players could move around in the line-up to find the best chemistry.

Trade whoever doesn't fit for a Defenceman.

My biggest problem with these post is that we got beer for nothing basically he has improved every year and has surprised me with his play away from the puck. Radysh is playing against kids and his number aren't as good as svens in the CHL 

Granny in his first full year put up great numbers and a lot of scouts are not that high on Anderson. so why trade two unproven pieces for 20 goal 200-foot players makes no sense. Gaudette on the 4th is laughable I'm sorry but it's too funny when people plug in guys who have proved nothing in the NHL to players who are RFa;s that have proved something And what about Sutter maybe him on the 4th line. To Trade Goldy is jus wrong on so many levels we may have the next Drouin right there

Why not just stick to the op,s thread with adding callahan as a cap dump. The price on Drouin is sky high and we need playmaking centres. Just because A guy like Drouin has A lot of hype he is not worth granny and baer  Adding point and the cap dump and first I like that deal. A lot less moving parts. 1st  Tanev I take it and run. 

We address our need for a quality centre while not gutting our depth at wing. When we rebuilding you trade from your strengths and draft from your weakness.

Many potential generational players next year and a good chance we will be to 5 or better if we get some damn luck

Well thought out proposal op

as for our lineup id like to see who we draft in this year and next. All  I know is sutter is way better themn A 4th and Gaudeete is not a third line centre Casey by manyvscouts is seen more as A winger, L Andersonn Has bust written all overJB will never piick him. 

1st Goldy Bo/one of the centres we draft in the next two years if ere lucky  Boeser

Dalen, whoever doesn't make the to centre line plus Gaudette and Point.  Granny

3rd line  Erickson      Brandon Sutter or maybe Gaudette allowing us to move Sutter. No way is he a 4th line centre unless it was 3a and 3a. Jake Virtanen on the 3rd.

4th line Gaunce Ufa  Lockwood?

Of course, not all will meet expectations, and some will blow us away. seems better that giving up 2 key guys for one maybe.   

please excuse my somewhat messed up attempt at A thread. The points are at least valid in my IMHO

2nd

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

It does if we take back Callahan. TB needs to get rid of his contract. I'm not sure if he is 35. If he is buying him out does nothing to alleviate their cap issue.Ya, they lose Point but at the same time, Tanev makes their D a whole lot better. And allows them som cap flexibility. These types of trades will be the norm until our dollar rebounds and the cap goes up more as it was expected.

I personally would leave out Gaunce and send A 3rd to Lv to take Dorsett of our hands. If he has A full nmc then buy him out the guy is useless in my books.Both fan bases hate it so that must mean it is A good trade.

A buyout could help them. It's only a 1M cap hit this season - 2.9M the following 2 seasons then 1.8 for 3 more seasons.  The problem is that he is injured - just like last season - and a team cannot buyout an injured player.  Callahan also has a NMC and needs to be protected from expansion.  

Tampa was trying to move Garrison and Coburn at the TDL - that will free cap space.  

Not bad.... but as above, this probably only works if we take on some money in return.

a Herman-Tanev pairing would be pretty sick and eat so many tough minutes that the rest of their defence gets an easier road.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Not bad.... but as above, this probably only works if we take on some money in return.

a Herman-Tanev pairing would be pretty sick and eat so many tough minutes that the rest of their defence gets an easier road.

Pee wee "Herman" ? :lol:

13 hours ago, Tambo said:

Ya I've pondered the same. Id take on Callahan if we got drouin. He has high end skill to bring some flash and dash back to the team 

BUT I can't see why Callahan, an American, would waive his NMC.

for the last few years of his career why would he wanna waste them here in van at the bottom of the standings. 

Only reason I can see him waiving is if he feels unwanted because they asked him to leave 

14 hours ago, billabong said:

Ya I've pondered the same. Id take on Callahan if we got drouin. He has high end skill to bring some flash and dash back to the team 

BUT I can't see why Callahan, an American, would waive his NMC.

for the last few years of his career why would he wanna waste them here in van at the bottom of the standings. 

Only reason I can see him waiving is if he feels unwanted because they asked him to leave 

I think that's what it boils down too. Most players seem willing to move if they no longer feel they are wanted by said team anymore. I'd take on that contract for Drouin or point and A first.

People argue why would he leave to come here. I get that, but not like TB will make the playoffs or be A threat if they do if they can't resign some of there players. H e would feel like crap knowing he is part of the reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-24 at 9:56 PM, billabong said:

to tb: tanev, gaunce

to van: point, 1st pick 2017 (14th overall)

point is an highly touted prospect who just played for canada and tb would have a no.1 pair of hedman-tanev

sedin-sedin-goldobin

baertschi-horvat-boeser

eriksson-point-granlund

dorsett-sutter-virtanen

cramarossa

say we draft a C at no.5 plus with dahlen and point then we just loaded up on young centers, BUT maybe this deal would allow the canucks to feel more comfortable with picking a D with the acquisition of point

Was about to start my own topic on this, when I saw yours in the search. 

I love the idea of getting Point way more than Drouin.  However I really don't think the Value is there in your proposal.  I keep thinking of the Seth Jones for Ryan Johasen trade.  Legit #1 centre for Top 2 D.  On a good team Tanev will be a very good 2nd pairing D man.  Brayden Point is proving pretty quick he will be a 1 or 2 Centre.  The fact that he is on an entry level deal only increases his value, which is why I don't think Tanev alone can get him.  Here is what I'd like to see:

To Tampa: Tanev, CJB 2nd

To Van: Point, Callahan

Tampa saves $1.4 million in cap space with this deal.  Giving them around 20 Million to sign Drouin, Johnson, Palat and Koekkoek. 

What do you think?

Archived