The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man vs Animal: Bear Charges At Hunter In Scary Confrontation

Ryan Strome

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Ain't that the truth. I wonder why he didn't use his bow and arrow.

No point. Let's face it.  As he said he was too late.  I for one am glad he didn't take his shot when he had it.  But by the time the time the bear was running the chance for accuracy was over and the hunter would have just angered and injured the bear in which case the attack would have been fatal for sure.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

No point. Let's face it.  As he said he was too late.  I for one am glad he didn't take his shot when he had it.  But by the time the time the bear was running the chance for accuracy was over and the hunter would have just angered and injured the bear in which case the attack would have been fatal for sure.

I suppose you're right.

As a Forester for 30 years, this guy is an idiot!

was he out looking for trouble? seems like it

What the hell was he doing with a toy bow and arrow? what the hell was the point of putting a little arrow in trying to shoot. hahaha. He found what he was lookng for.

I bet the fish and wildlife Ministry staff would love to talk to this guy.

2 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

As a Forester for 30 years, this guy is an idiot!

was he out looking for trouble? seems like it

What the hell was he doing with a toy bow and arrow? what the hell was the point of putting a little arrow in trying to shoot. hahaha. He found what he was lookng for.

I bet the fish and wildlife Ministry staff would love to talk to this guy.

Small game maybe?

Just now, Lancaster said:

Just briefly reading the RCMP website, sidearms are only if you hunt for a living or work in the wilderness.  

Not that I hunt, but it makes the .357 Lever action rifle more appealing. I'd rather try and just get away from the bear, and use bear spray (if that indeed works...)

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not that I hunt, but it makes the .357 Lever action rifle more appealing. I'd rather try and just get away from the bear, and use bear spray (if that indeed works...)

I think there was one hiker who got attacked by the same bear twice in the same day.... he said he tried using bear spray.... obviously it didn't help, lol.  

Archived