The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Viktor Antipin to 1 Year Deal

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

After weeks of speculation, the Sabres signed KHL all-star d-man Viktor Antipin to a 1 year deal. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-sign-defenseman-victor-antipin/c-289605618

Sweet. I'd be excited if this were a Canucks signing. So... no need for a Hutton trade then? :lol: it will be interesting to see if he can deal with the smaller ice. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Sweet. I'd be excited if this were a Canucks signing. So... no need for a Hutton trade then? :lol: it will be interesting to see if he can deal with the smaller ice.

That's what a Russian reporter told a Buffalo reporter not long ago.  He thinks Antipin will have little to no problem with the NA style of game, but playing on the NA surface can be a challenge for some KHL transplants.  You never know until they actually get into the NHL.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's what a Russian reporter told a Buffalo reporter not long ago.  He thinks Antipin will have little to no problem with the NA style of game, but playing on the NA surface can be a challenge for some KHL transplants.  You never know until they actually get into the NHL.

Are you going to check out the scouting combine in Buffalo? Just wondering if there's any public access to that. It would be interesting to get a 1st hand view of it if you do. 

15 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

And we lose Tryamkin... we will get him back... I hope

I think we have seen the last of Nik honestly. There have been a few interesting ideas on deals with Dallas for getting Jamie Oleksiak who's basically the same size. If we could get him in part of a deal with Dallas most of the fan base would forget about Nik pretty fast. 

44 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think we have seen the last of Nik honestly. There have been a few interesting ideas on deals with Dallas for getting Jamie Oleksiak who's basically the same size. If we could get him in part of a deal with Dallas most of the fan base would forget about Nik pretty fast. 

Not me. I want Tryamkin. The guy will be a better Chara, he defends like a boss and he skates very fast and hits like a truck. He can literally do it all and we could reallllly use him going forward. I would do everything in my power to convince him to come back, if not we will regret it big time

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Are you going to check out the scouting combine in Buffalo? Just wondering if there's any public access to that. It would be interesting to get a 1st hand view of it if you do. 

There was no public access to it last year.  Not sure about this year, but I'm guessing it's the same unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Not me. I want Tryamkin. The guy will be a better Chara, he defends like a boss and he skates very fast and hits like a truck. He can literally do it all and we could reallllly use him going forward. I would do everything in my power to convince him to come back, if not we will regret it big time

maybe we have to get Bure to have a talk with him. 

13 hours ago, Hortankin said:

nothing to regret, he needed to reach a certain level to be in the lineup regularly. He refused the team's requests to get him into better game shape etc albeit in Utica. He may feel he was not given the right opportunity in Vancouver and the team did nothing wrong in the end, but its entirely his choice to make and he is going to where he feels offers him the best at life moving forward. Wish him all the best.

Archived