The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Penguins win 2017 Stanley Cup

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Finals  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

The X factor to this series is PK Subban yes PK Subban not anybody on the Penguins not Josi not Ryan Ellis on the Predators.

Forget Crosby, or Kessel or Murray or Malkin.

It's PK Subban who thrives the bigger the game and the louder the crowd. The bigger the stage.

I feel like he will elevate his game with everyone watching like Karlsson did for Ottawa and will his banged up forwards by shutting down Crosby and Malkin and getting in Kessels kitchen.

He will ignite the Nahsville attack and boost it with Ryan Ellis to fill for the loss of Johansen and Fiala.

Plus with Fisher back Smashville can out physical Pittsburgh.

It's possible. I'ma speak it into existence in the words of Lavar Ball.

No cup for Sidney and co this year.

Beat it!!

I agree. Bitchburgh won't be able to manage the Predators far superior defense, and the Penguins defense won't be able to deal with Nashville's multi-layered attack.

I guess it really comes down to how many reacharounds the Penguins give the officials before each game. I have never witnessed as much gutless, whiny play as I have with this year's version of the Penguins.

Preds' defencemen are muchhhhhhhh better than the Pens', though Pens forwards are muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better than the Preds'. Goaltending could honestly go either way, edge probably goes to the Preds though.

Only rooting for the Preds because Pekka is in my top 5 list of all time fav players. Otherwise unlike others I actually dislike many Preds players', mostly their forwards.

That being said Pens in 6 if I had to guess. Preds looked lost in game 6 vs ANA without Johansen even though they won. I think they lost the shot count about 44-18 or something. 

10 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It's happened twice. The Red Wings beat the Rangers in 1950 and then beat the Canadiens in game 7 OT in 1954.

Ahhh my bad. It's been a long time though! 

We had the oppurtunity in 2011 ugh. I've always imagined Burrows or Kesler scoring that game 7 SCF OT goal for us. Oh well.

I'm so torn on who I want to win. Nashville winning their 1st would be sick and that crowd is electric but going back to back champs in today's game would be unreal. I guess I'll stick with the Preds this series, Go PK and Pekka!

Pens in 6. I'm cheering for the Preds but if they were going up against the Sens, rather than the Pens, I'd give them the advantage. But since it's Pens and Preds I just have the inclination to give the advantage to the Pens, but I'm hoping the Preds prove me wrong!

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Can't wait to see the opportunity when Subban has a chance to line up Malkin that will be epic!

If Malkin sets himself, Subban will be a dead man.  Huge size difference, isn't there?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Malkin sets himself, Subban will be a dead man.  Huge size difference, isn't there?

I don't think a dead man at all, it will be a wall hitting a wall pretty epic! Subban is a strong man 6'0/210 pounds and very strong on his legs, Malkin is also a strong man who does have a little height advantage at 6'3 but only 195 pounds. Subban has more muscle and strength though imo, it's just the height he doesn't have, and Subban has been lining up hits more in his hockey career then Malkin has. I'm obviously leaning towards Subban more, but still think it's going to be exciting to see!

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I don't think a dead man at all, it will be a wall hitting a wall pretty epic! Subban is a strong man 6'0/210 pounds and very strong on his legs, Malkin is also a strong man who does have a little height advantage at 6'3 but only 195 pounds. Subban has more muscle and strength though imo, it's just the height he doesn't have, and Subban has been lining up hits more in his hockey career then Malkin has. I'm obviously leaning towards Subban more, but still think it's going to be exciting to see!

Malkin is only 195?  Wow!  The guy is a giant, who is really light.  I see your point.

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not going to lie I had to take a second look at his weight was shocked that's all he weighed. Looked at Ovechkins and he is listed at 6'3/ 239 pounds....

I knew OV was a beast, but thought Malkin was heavy too.  He's so tall!  I love watching OV play.  If he's not scoring, he's running guys over.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I knew OV was a beast, but thought Malkin was heavy too.  He's so tall!  I love watching OV play.  If he's not scoring, he's running guys over.  

This is kind of why I have enjoyed watching Ovi over his career with the ability to run people over like he can, and the offensive ability as well has been impressive to watch. Malkin no question has offensive skill which is also exciting to watch when he's on he's unstoppable sometimes, but he doesn't have that hitting or running people over aspect to his game and I think I know why now due to his weight.

Archived