The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Penguins win 2017 Stanley Cup

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Finals  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 2017-06-12 at 5:18 AM, 73 Percent said:

I have no doubt it was a bad call and could have change the game but they got calls go their way to. Unfortunately they didn't capitalize. Both the calls to create the 5 on 3 (where the preds sucked against a rag tag defence) were pretty soft. 

One on mattaa for tripping a guy by hitting him in the chest and 1 on cullen? For roughing Ellis (we didn't get that call when Marchand roughed up the twins. 

I think I'm just insensitive to other teams getting boned now because no one came to our defense in 2011. From then on out it's the Stanley cup not the excuse cup. Preds we yes to win they should have made better adjustments specifically on their PP when the entire world could see the D2D  passes weren't doing anything but killing time for the pens.

I believe it was Daley.  

Youre totally correct here. The 5v3 was prime time for the preds and they failed miserably.  The power play was inept with slow and predictable passes d to do.

quite frankly I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of objectivity here.  but it is what it is.

even worse once our team is playing.

On 2017-06-12 at 9:08 AM, lmm said:

The NHL is trying not to "come out" as the WWE was forced to some years back. They are walking the fine line where they still pretend to be a legitimate sports league.  So they "influence" rather than "pre-determine" out comes. Remember the "penalty free" game between Boston / Tbay in 2011 which they used for "press"? They like their "story lines" similar to the WWE.  They used the "penalty free game" line and the press ate it up. "The Big Bad Bruins played a penalty free game" wow!

Recently the radio had a piece about how the NBA has "stars" winning while the NHL does not, so it is time for Sid to shine and the NHL needed a repeat because too much parity is causing "Non-star" teams to win. The NHL can now milk the "History will be made" buy-line some more as the Sid/Geno Penguins have now entered "historical status".

The other thing to remember is that the players are not in on the rig, that is why no former players have blown the whistle. All players believe they have done on their own through "grit or skill or team play".

The NHL is cunning and it is smart. That is why these stories never make it into the media. They would rather produce a Sid/Geno are heroic story than a Wes McAully blew the whistle seconds before a (Ottawa/Nashville) goal was called story. Game management has become a minor story, "Media management" has not.

Complete bull$&!#.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Dude Nashville had a 5v3 and couldn't make it happen.

the roughing call in Daley was borderline especially at that point in the game.  

But I guess it's a conspiracy just like when the Canucks couldn't score in Boston. 

Same ol same ol.

ftr

i was cheering for Nashville .

you call me out on lack of substance when all the conspiracy theorists here like you, have to go on is speculation and zero proof.

the reffIng throughout the league is sub par. That I will agree.  

I lived away from my family for the past four years and subscribe to the centre  ice package.  I probably watched 6-8 hockey games per week for four years.  And after all that, my observation is that the officiating has a long way to go mostly in its consistency.

but to come on here and cry conspiracy and call me out for lack of substance is why I started my posts here with LOL.

maybe it should have been :bored: instead.

i see no gain for the Nhl in having the pens win over the darling predators, if in fact the goal is to expand the league and justify southern teams in the market.

Riff that does not answer my question.

When you call me Dude it shows your frustration and contempt just as LOLing the previous poster did.

I guessed you were a season ticket holder but you have stated you buy Center Ice instead, which is the next best thing in my opinion. You are drinking from the loving cup. It is not hard to understand that you side with the league. Or that the league prefers consumers like you over non-consumers like me.

You say my theory has no proof, which is the deffinition of a theory, I will not be launching an investigation to prove my theory.

Yet you state as fact "the goal is to expand the league and justify southern teams in the market". What proof do you have for this fact?

Perhaps you could go back to my previous question and answer with facts how many times the quick whistles aided Pittsburg.

And why does the league not fix this problem?

I believe my post, that you called "Complete $&!#", answers why I think the NHL favoured Pittsburg.

How does a league that has stated they wish to increase scoring continue to allow the quick whistle that kills goals.

Yes the refs gave the Preds (a scoring challenged team) a chance to score 5-3 but that does not change the fact they killed a goal earlier.

They also killed a quatlity scoring chance in the Ottawa series with a quick whistle when Kessel got hit with a puck flipped by his own player. (Kessel btw did not lose blood nor consciousness and did not miss a shift).

4 hours ago, lmm said:

Riff that does not answer my question.

When you call me Dude it shows your frustration and contempt just as LOLing the previous poster did.

I guessed you were a season ticket holder but you have stated you buy Center Ice instead, which is the next best thing in my opinion. You are drinking from the loving cup. It is not hard to understand that you side with the league. Or that the league prefers consumers like you over non-consumers like me.

You say my theory has no proof, which is the deffinition of a theory, I will not be launching an investigation to prove my theory.

Yet you state as fact "the goal is to expand the league and justify southern teams in the market". What proof do you have for this fact?

Perhaps you could go back to my previous question and answer with facts how many times the quick whistles aided Pittsburg.

And why does the league not fix this problem?

I believe my post, that you called "Complete $&!#", answers why I think the NHL favoured Pittsburg.

How does a league that has stated they wish to increase scoring continue to allow the quick whistle that kills goals.

Yes the refs gave the Preds (a scoring challenged team) a chance to score 5-3 but that does not change the fact they killed a goal earlier.

They also killed a quatlity scoring chance in the Ottawa series with a quick whistle when Kessel got hit with a puck flipped by his own player. (Kessel btw did not lose blood nor consciousness and did not miss a shift).

Agree to disagree....I see your points.

but if you're so peeved and thInk we are approaching wwe credibility, I guess my question would be:  why watch? And why invest any time on an NHL fan forum?

i subscribe to centre ice to get my Canucks when out of province not because I'm a slave to Bettmans dark side.  Hockey is my favourite sport, I've played my whole life. I've watched this team for over 30 years.  And When the Canucks aren't in it I still find a lot of enjoyment  and entertainment in watching elevated skilled play in the post season.  The 82 games is more or less filler for me at this point.

edit:  no disrespect meant by "dude"....everyone gets it now and again.

On 6/14/2017 at 3:44 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

According to Bruce Arthur, PK Subban's teammates were not enthused with the Listerine incident and Subban was asked not to speak with the media between Games 5 and 6.

Subban strikes again! All he did was wake Crosby up.

• 1 month later...

Archived