The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th Annual CDC Fantasy League Entry Draft (2017 Edition)

Nail

2017_NHL_Entry_Draft_logo.png

Welcome to the 2017 CDCFL Entry Draft, hosted by GM @Bombastik der Teutone and his Chicago Blackhawks! The Draft Day host splash was on his side this year as he moved up to 3rd overall in our lottery!

The draft will be tracked here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mX2LvbraSSlT_sAmcn_goHaAe91PfYmK9L8DuxP6-pM/edit#gid=572555230

Rules:

1) Please use this thread as a drafting thread only. All trading talk and draft reactions can be posted in the main thread.

2) In all trades involving 2017 draft picks, 2019 picks are ineligible to be included. We always keep a 2 year gap with our draft picks, so if a 2017 pick is involved, only 2017 and 2018 picks are eligible to be included in the trade.

3) The time limits are as such:

1st Round: 3 hours

2nd Round: 2 hours

3rd Round: 1 hour

4th Round: 1 hour

5th Round: 0.5 hours

However, the time limits will not start until the expansion draft has been completed.

4) Once the expansion draft has been completed, the draft clock will run from 7:00 am - 10:00 pm every day. Picks are allowed outside of these parameters, but you have no limit to make your pick when the clock isn't on.

5) After you make your pick, please tag the next GM up in your post. This will help things run smoother.

6) If a GM fails to make a pick within their time limit, they may make it up as soon as they can.

7) If you feel you may not make your pick, you may send a list to any or all of the following: 

@Nail

@Blue Jay 22

@Tylez

@inane

@Tigs

8) If a pick is traded, the time limit does not restart. If for some reason the trade has not been posted before that time limit runs out, please get the GM with the pick to select the player you would like, and we will post the trade after with the player involved. Hopefully this keeps the draft moving and we will avoid any potential holdups. (For example: Tampa trades for 1st overall but the trade has not been posted. The time limit is running out, so Tampa tells the owner of 1st overall to pick the player they'd like. The owner of the pick selects this player and I then post the trade with the player in it, instead of the pick.)

Best of luck to all teams involved, @lethunder is up with the 1st overall pick, however no pick is mandatory until post expansion draft.

The Blackhawks Organisation is excited to Host the 2017 CDCFL Entry Draft, specially since we have  the 3rd , the 27th and the 39th Overrall Picks.

Be prepared for lots of German Beer and Wiener Würstchen during the Draft Day(s). We wish all GM´s lots of Fun and good Luck !  Thats all from my side for now ....:) 

On behalf of the Ottawa Senators organization, I would like to thank the Chicago Blackhawks and their wonderful fans for their hospitality this week. I would also like to congratulate the Columbus Blue Jackets and Vancouver Canucks on their success this season, and I'm sure I speak for the entire league when I say we're all watching with great anticipation to see who wins the Cup!

With the 8th overall selection in this year's draft, the Ottawa Senators are proud to select, from the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL, Cody Glass!

@JE14 is up.

Cheers to our hosts here in beautiful Chicago, who did seem to keep JE as drowsy on whoop as Tiger Woods? Thanks always to @ Nail and the league for their efforts!

Minnesota is proud to select from Sundsvall, Sweden, Elias Petterson

@Tony Romo and Dallas up next.

Archived