The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Drew Shore to ZSC Lions

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

a good GM would have at least got a 6th rounder for him. 

futurama-fry-not-sure-if-sarcastic-or-se

LOL - from whom?    Last time I looked, you needed another GM to take him on and give up that draft pick.     Clearly your post was tongue in cheek - yes?

Its funny how many players we had playing near the end of the season, soooo many plugs. He was the pluggiest of all the plugs.

Wouldve been nice for Utica but guys like him are a dime a dozen so shouldnt be an issue finding another

4 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Looks like he Drew the short straw on this one.

He Shore-ly won't be missed. 

Wasn't a fan of Shore, I found he coasted far too often.  Why not just put him on waivers:ph34r:

I can't believe some of the negativity being put out here. To play just one game in the NHL is a massive accomplishment, something that thousands of young hockey players can only dream of. Obviously, not everybody is going to be good enough to hold a regular place on a team, and in Shore's case he has probably hit his plateau.Surely we can just wish him the best for the rest of his career and move on.

1 minute ago, ynwa said:

I can't believe some of the negativity being put out here. To play just one game in the NHL is a massive accomplishment, something that thousands of young hockey players can only dream of. Obviously, not everybody is going to be good enough to hold a regular place on a team, and in Shore's case he has probably hit his plateau.Surely we can just wish him the best for the rest of his career and move on.

dhMeAzK.gif

I don't get all of the negativity.  Shore didn't light the world on fire but I didn't think he was terrible either.  He's probably not an NHL top 6 forward but he did show some offensive instincts and could win faceoffs.  Long term, it is better to see how a guy like Molino might develop using his speed, but bringing back Shore seemed like a reasonable option for depth purposes.

Didn't see him having any impact here and more likely just a threat to playing time of younger guys. He's okay as a 13th forward or AHL veteran presence, but not as a regular NHL player.

Archived