The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LA Kings name Dave Lowry Assistant Coach

22 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Congrats to Dave Lowry. Thanks a million for all your great work with the Victoria Royals. You will be missed.

I wonder why Lowry wasn't offered a position for the Canucks.

42 minutes ago, Logitek said:

LOL... How can you possibly come to that 'definitive' conclusion because he took another job?

He definitely wasn't offered a position for the Canucks?  You're sure on that?

It was just a guess. The reason was that Lowry is a well-known Victoria resident. Would it not make sense to take a job in Vancouver over a job like the LA Kings, if you were in that position? This is of course we're assuming that both teams had vacant positions.

Then again LA is a good city to live in...

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I wonder why Lowry wasn't offered a position for the Canucks.

Maybe he'd rather be in the NHL than the AHL. Besides, the Canucks can go after the amazing Rocky Thompson for Utica.

I was hoping he'd come in with green. But the disfunction, lack of direction/commitment  of this orginazition and ownerships reputation is and should be a red flag to both players and coaches. 

I would wonder if all the coaches and players were  polled what the least desirable orginization NOT location to play for is, i would bet Vancouver since benning took over would be top five least Desirable.

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Wouldnt be surprised at all if the Canucks wanted to go with someone with NHL experience for Utica.  Green with his NHL experience knows what it takes, and can let the young guys know that.

Dave Lowry has over 1000 NHL games.

Archived