To Vancouver:

Evgeny Svechnikov

1st Rd. (9th OA)

howard or mrazek (cap dump)

To Det:

Chris Tanev

Jordan Subban

+one of our 2nd rounders?

The wings have expressed the desire to acquire a RHD, but will need to shed some cap space. I'm high on cody glass at number 5 in the draft but think it would be real nice to be able to draft one of the top dmen in this draft as well (makar, heiskanen, liljegren)

flame on

7 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

To Vancouver:

Evgeny Svechnikov

1st Rd. (9th OA)

howard or mrazek (cap dump)

To Det:

Chris Tanev

Jordan Subban

+one of our 2nd rounders?

The wings have expressed the desire to acquire a RHD, but will need to shed some cap space. I'm high on cody glass at number 5 in the draft but think it would be real nice to be able to draft one of the top dmen in this draft as well (makar, heiskanen, liljegren)

flame on

I don't think the wings are in the position to be trading away any of their top prospects and a first round pick. 

Speculation that the Wings have always had interest in Edler, but doubtful he would waive to go there since they're not substantially better than we are in the 'big' picture of things right now. 

24 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Speculation that the Wings have always had interest in Edler, but doubtful he would waive to go there since they're not substantially better than we are in the 'big' picture of things right now. 

Speculation or Urban Legend?

18 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Speculation or Urban Legend?

Belief, conjecture, hypothesis, opinion, thought, guesswork, supposition, hunch, presumption.....does it really matter - it's CDC^_^

While their results might have not shown that they are further in their development curve as one may think, Detroits history makes their team a desired destination for many players. Being from the Detroit area, I can tell you their fans do not believe they are in a rebuild and if they are, they think their core is close to being set.(that does not include their prospects like svech) if they can move some cap space, acquire some d men via trade and I could see them back in the playoffs next year or the following year. The way they developed their young guys through the A I could see them being okay with moving one of their minor leaguers if it meant they got an established dman. Just a personal thought since every hockey fan around me roots for the wings

15 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

While their results might have not shown that they are further in their development curve as one may think, Detroits history makes their team a desired destination for many players. Being from the Detroit area, I can tell you their fans do not believe they are in a rebuild and if they are, they think their core is close to being set.(that does not include their prospects like svech) if they can move some cap space, acquire some d men via trade and I could see them back in the playoffs next year or the following year. The way they developed their young guys through the A I could see them being okay with moving one of their minor leaguers if it meant they got an established dman. Just a personal thought since every hockey fan around me roots for the wings

The wings have a lot of lengthy bad contracts and players coming up for pay raises. Also their prospect pool is considerably thinner than the canucks. I don't think they'll end up rebuilding like they really should, but they won't be trading their top prospect either. I could see them going after Edler but Tanev would be out of their price range

20 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Belief, conjecture, hypothesis, opinion, thought, guesswork, supposition, hunch, presumption.....does it really matter - it's CDC^_^

That rumor was all over the place a while back, every media outlet mentioned it. Hardly something you need to verify for someone.

Let their lazy a$$ Google around if they care so much

Archived