The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Naslund Highlight Reel

Imuzi

My absolute favorite Canuck of all time, His Wrister from anywhere around the circle was pretty much unstoppable at his peak. Add to the fact that you had Bert barreling to the net or screening in front to bury any loose change. just brilliance. We may not have run as deep with those WCE- Jovo Cop- Ohlund years but I personally liked those teams even more than our peak Sedin / Cup run team. 

Also watching this dates me back to when I joined the forum way back (more than 90% my posts have been removed from the server lol). Anyway thanks for the nostalgia trip 

WCE was so much fun to watch.

I still remember the end to end against Ottawa where he roofed the puck in the smallest of space.

Tommy Larscheid had the best call on that 'Coast to coast like buttered toast!'

Thank you for making this!! This brought back a lot of memories.

Growing up as a kid, I got to watch Naslund, Morrison, and Bertuzzi, and they're what got me into hockey, particularly Naslund. His shot was incredible. Nobody could pick corners like Naslund could. Such a quiet, humble captain. The race between him and his best friend Peter Forsberg for the art ross in 03 was legendary. 

Good video, man! Brings me back.

It was Naslund and Bertuzzi who most got me into watching hockey, particularly Canucks hockey.

Naslund definitely had the best wrist shot of any Canuck in recent memory, but had some other traits too that this video shows. He also had really good wheels and could surprise opponents with how fast he'd skate if he really wanted to turn the jets on. His offensive awareness was elite and he and Bert thought on the same wavelength often. He even had some pretty dirty hands as you can see from some of his moves in the highlight video. Aside from physical play, he was the complete offensive package.

Thanks for this, brought.back great memories! I had forgotten just how good he was, not just that incredible wrister but the dekes and dangles, WOW. 

Our 2009-2012 team was great and achieved more success, but man those WCE years were more exciting.

Archived