The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks looking at Newell Brown for Assistant Coach

5 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I think it was more the sisters comment. One could also argue they have earned the right to retire Canucks. 

LOL wow....I can't believe I missed that. I'll be sure to go back and give him a minus ;)

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Maybe he will get the sisters playing with some confidence in their power play! I miss the no look tape to tape passes that kept us all in wow. And if so maybe we can get a return for them at the deadline 

Would you call them sisters to their faces?

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Maybe he will get the sisters playing with some confidence in their power play! I miss the no look tape to tape passes that kept us all in wow. And if so maybe we can get a return for them at the deadline 

IMG_4367.JPG

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

No but that's out of respect. You might get a dirty look and some unkind words from them if you did but I doubt a beating would be in the cards.

I know, Herr. Was asking the poster who made the comment if he'd willingly engage them with that level of stupidity if he were to meet them in person.

I don't think that they would bother with it much. They've learned to grow a pretty thick skin, I'm thinking after having to deal with other players saying far worse things.

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

He manufactured our League leading PP in 2010-11.  But then again he had Sedins in their prime plus Kes plus Ehrhoff. This is a whole different regime though so who knows how it'll work out this time.

That was the one year the Canucks played lights out and was unstoppable (sans the Bruins in 7 games). After that, the powerplay became dull and predictable. Sure, he probably was the one that made it popular to have a drop pass and have the puck carrier with speed cross the blue line stickhandling but at the time, it became predictable, dull, and boring. I remember everyone wanted him gone because of the terrible powerplay. I doubt he'd bring that magic back.

After two failed draft lotteries, the Canucks should not expect to get any 1st overall by tanking. Those days are over. Brown was on one of the worst teams in the league. How is this putting Green in the best place to win?

Archived