The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks looking at Newell Brown for Assistant Coach

If I had to guess at what is going on here it is this: management wants experienced assistant coaches since we have a rookie coach. Experienced assistant coaches aren't exactly lining up to work for a crappy team. Brown is. 

On 6/3/2017 at 2:31 AM, Ronaldoescobar said:

You know I hate to admit it, but I agree inl part... Just no fight back at all. But its easy for me to type here that I would (if in the same place) just start chucking, marchand, refs alleged bias,  doesn't matter and I think it would have happened had they not thought about the retaliation penalty.

Even if you get a retaliation penalty. Sometimes the message is more important than the deed. Head bunt his head, cross check his chicklets; do something. Don't just stand there and take it like a little b!tch and call that stoic.

I don't see anyone from the new batch take it like that.

On 2017-06-02 at 3:06 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

Its funny as the people that call them sisters would get absolutely smashed in a fight with either one of them if they were so inclined. These guys may not drop the gloves on the ice but the amount of punishment they take from other players (mainly due to the shocking disrespect the league and refs give them in allowing it) shows that they are tough as nails. 

Benn and Seguin (straight pu**ys by the way) would get absolutely lit up by either of them in a proper brawl for sure

:lol::lol::lol:

:picard:

He did an excellent job when he had the right players to work with. The following year, we were missing that RHD, and it was too hard to make the system work. The guy has creativity in his style and willing to try new things. He would be a decent choice. How much worse could our PP possibly get?

Architect of the now over used and ineffective powerplay drop pass.

worked great for a couple years but after that..... the one trick pony was out of ideas. 

i don't get going backwards are there so few assistants coaches available or that want to come to Vancouver they need to get a guy that was just here. Another backward move by a backward thinking managment group. 

On 6/2/2017 at 11:10 AM, BabychStache said:

I like it. 

I have no idea why the Sedins suck so bad at the PP now. Time for a revamp or to pull them off the top unit entirely. 

Having enough physical strength and speed for some crazy reason has never been addressed by these 2 they're 2 scrawny weak guys who look like they're skating in quicksand lol.

What they had in skill level and the knack for hilight reel plays is getting rarer and rarer. 

On a better note there's some great young skill on the team and I think Brown will make the best of what he's got to work with.

Archived