The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bruins willing to move #18 pick

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Likewise I don't see us needing Spooner (shopped) nor Belesky (cap), but something else may be needed to make it work.

Spooner has minimal value, and Sbisa + Baertschi should certainly get us better than the #18.  Players in that range may not turn out better than either one of them.

its pretty much throwing in Sbisa for free tho, we're losing him to Vegas. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

its pretty much throwing in Sbisa for free tho, we're losing him to Vegas. 

So we just give him away to Boston instead, then lose someone else to Vegas on top of that? 

Sbisa and the 18th are likely fairly close value, especially considering they are looking for a 2nd/3rd paring dman in return for that pick.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

So we just give him away to Boston instead, then lose someone else to Vegas on top of that? 

Sbisa and the 18th are likely fairly close value, especially considering they are looking for a 2nd/3rd paring dman in return for that pick.

the players we have left to lose aren't anything worth worrying about. If we can use Sbisa as part of another deal why not? 

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

the players we have left to lose aren't anything worth worrying about. If we can use Sbisa as part of another deal why not? 

Mainly because it's a huge overpayment, unless we're getting a lot more in return.  Spooner is a definite downgrade on Baertschi.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Mainly because it's a huge overpayment, unless we're getting a lot more in return.  Spooner is a definite downgrade on Baertschi.

Is he tho? i was thinking Spooner might be a good option at 4C, and Baer is going to get forced out of the top 6 pretty quick. I could be over valuing Spooner too though. 

I see Sbisa as an excellent add in piece, we're going to lose him anyway so why not use him as an "overpayment" if it makes us better?

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I see Sbisa as an excellent add in piece, we're going to lose him anyway so why not use him as an "overpayment" if it makes us better?

Not sure how adding in pieces when not necessary makes us better.  Baertschi OR Sbisa for the 18th, but Sbisa makes much more sense XD-wise.  He'd fit very well in the role they're trying to fill -- 2nd/3rd pairing, just reaching his prime, reasonable contract for another year, mobile, and plays physical.

Sbisa makes a lot of sense. Edler if we could pick up another pick to go along with the 18th. Maybe Hutton, but I'd rather keep him among the 3.

What other left D options does Boston have? D-men are a hot commodity can't imagine a lot of them are available, but I don't really know.

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Dont think Sbisa or Edler gets the 18th overall or even close to that on their own. The nucks would definitely have to add a pick and take back a cap dump

18th overall ain't enough for Edler. Don't matter because he don't wanna move

I'd definitely move Edler or Sbisa. Benning made it known that we aren't shopping Edler and Tanev so that leaves Sbisa as the odd man out. We may find a way of keeping him but really unlikely. I'd trade Sbisa for the #18 alone straight up as that should be fair. But if we have to add a 3rd round pick then why not. I got my eye on Vesalainen who really sparkled in the U19s. Hopefully we find a way to pick him if we manage to get another pick mid round

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

I'd definitely move Edler or Sbisa. Benning made it known that we aren't shopping Edler and Tanev so that leaves Sbisa as the odd man out. We may find a way of keeping him but really unlikely. I'd trade Sbisa for the #18 alone straight up as that should be fair. But if we have to add a 3rd round pick then why not. I got my eye on Vesalainen who really sparkled in the U19s. Hopefully we find a way to pick him if we manage to get another pick mid round

Really...Sbisa is worth that?  Wow!  I'd pack his bags for that return

4 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Sbisa and our 3rd rd pick? May be overvaluing Sbisa but eh its the Bruins.

Imagine if we traded Edler, Tanev, and Sbisa. Boy would our D look thin.

But if you subtract all the give aways if we trade edler and sbisa 

Imagine how our goals against would drop.   We would win most games without those two

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Please don't offer up Hutton for this pick.

If you could draft a player like Hutton with the 18th OA, you should be happy.  It's no lock, but I would be surprised if Hutton didn't settle in as a 2nd pair D and that's not a small thing.

Benning has been looking for players who are Hutton's age.  Give him up for a maybe?  Nah

Pizza isn't worth that pick and Edler may be a little old.  Bruins aren't a win now team, they're in the same boat as the Canucks.

Trade Edler in some deal for 18th and Tanev for somewhere around 10. We'd still have Gudbranson, Hutton, Stetcher, Sbisa and Holm as locks to make the roster. We'd have some extra cash to maybe go ufa route and take Alzner, Kulikov, or Markov. Then we have a bunch of youth on the cusp with Pedan, McEneny, Juolevi, Subban, Chatfield and a possible top pick in this draft.

Archived