The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Toronto-Dallas

On 6/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, Alflives said:

It's definitely concerning.  Hischier has to go first now.  I bet Philly goes for Middlestadt.  Dallas need D, as does Colorado.  Patrick falls to five?

Not a chance he falls to 5. 3 maybe, but not 5.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm doubting either of those top two fall after their combine performances:(

I doubt GM's actually factor in combine performances into drafting decisions.  Otherwise Mittelstadt would go after Yamamoto.  Results have showed the tests don't really say much about future NHL projections.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:17 PM, Alflives said:

Seems a lot to go from 5 to 3.  Why not just keep 5 and draft which ever of Middlestadt/Vilardi who's left there?

Instead

=Dominic Roussel;133047543]No, Faksa is not available.[/QUOTE] I really don't want your third. Is actually the worst pick to have . Unless someone drops you have to take Gabe sorry but Heiskanen isn't worth A 3rd overall pick. Olli is better than him. and we drafted him at 5 in A way deeper draft. 

I just want to ask how the heck can you Dallas fans say with A straight face that you would rather have jons to start over Tanev?

STEPHEN
JOHNS#28
DEFENCE
Ellwood City, PA
GP 
61 G 
4 A 
6 +/- 
-10 SOG 
91 S% 
This guy is more injury prone than tanev who is a stay at home defencemen and A minus 10 That is who you want to shelter Honka I agree the trade is horrible and so is Johns. 

Like everyone has said except you stars fans who think you can lose 3 of your top 6 replace them with rookies and not miss A beat. When what knowledgeable fans would say is crap we have 17 million of cap space. of that to replace the guys were losing. Or we can bring in rookies who we expect to produce like A vet. OH and lets pair are best youb-ng prospect with zero experience with Johns.  When in reality you could maybe get Tanev for you3rd A cash dump maybe 2cash dumps if you throw in you first and we add Edler Now all of A sudden you have 27 million in cap space. A rock solid top 4and one hell of A mentor for Honka All without giving up A roster player. But like I said in A previous rant. The Canucks when healthy were A playoff team who won nine straight. Both the twins and Louis had their worst seasons ever. Brock is an easy Calder finalist who will put up 30 Goldy with the Twins 20 no problem Bo Sven and Granny are all trending upwards And Jake is going to show why he was the 6th overall pick. 

The Nucks lost the most one-goal games and had the most lost games to injury. Even if they only score 45 more goals this year Very doable and you take their 43 losses and conservatively say half were by 2 goals or less. It was more like 30 but doesn't matter they finish with 238 goals 6thin the West and 109 points.

Have fun with Johns and leaving Honka to the wolves. We don't want your 3rd The guys I hope we get are LIljegren and if we acquire another pick Maybe for Edler for your pick I'd take that trade down and nab Necas or Petterson. As for the 3rd pick no thanks

of starting my own proposal to much work lol. I have been thinking about getting Dallas 3rd a. and have decided not worth it. First, we need A number one centre next year to replace Hank not 3 years from now.

I don't want Gabe so why move up. If it's true that were not interested in liljegren than I think we move the pick for a ready made player now. Like maybe our 54th and 5th for Duchene or the Oilers first and RNH for the 5th. We can always trade Edler to Dallas and use that and the oiler pick to move down and draft Kostin (best player in this draft or That other fin guy who lit up the dub this year, forget his name.. Honestly at 3 or 5 are we actually gonna find a player better then Duchene? Or RNH plus their 1st? not bloody likely IMO the best 4 players in this draft in no order are liljegren Kostin Necas and Petterson. if we could  The Oilers first plus our 33rd or the 29th if we Trade Edler to Dallas Who has said if he isn't wanted he would waive. Given the way he and Kling played seems like A no brainer.,

The Reason I am saying this is because I wen't through the stats from last year. Plus all the changes this year. I wrote this in hf and explains why I kind of feel this way. Plus our big issue was depth last year With all the changes and cap space that should be A non-issue this year. Please don't be too hard on me. Figure with all the doom and gloom surrounding this team it's nice to know maybe were not as far off as the rest of the league has us believing. Ps, since the Stars pick, is so high would we be better off to keep Edler unless A better offer comes up? And just use our 33rd plus If we were to trade our 5the to say the Oilers for RNH and their 1st  would that be enough to move down to grab one of those players I mentioned.?

8 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Instead

=Dominic Roussel;133047543]No, Faksa is not available.[/QUOTE] I really don't want your third. Is actually the worst pick to have . Unless someone drops you have to take Gabe sorry but Heiskanen isn't worth A 3rd overall pick. Olli is better than him. and we drafted him at 5 in A way deeper draft. 

I just want to ask how the heck can you Dallas fans say with A straight face that you would rather have jons to start over Tanev?

STEPHEN
JOHNS#28
DEFENCE
Ellwood City, PA
GP 
61 G 
4 A 
6 +/- 
-10 SOG 
91 S% 
This guy is more injury prone than tanev who is a stay at home defencemen and A minus 10 That is who you want to shelter Honka I agree the trade is horrible and so is Johns. 

Like everyone has said except you stars fans who think you can lose 3 of your top 6 replace them with rookies and not miss A beat. When what knowledgeable fans would say is crap we have 17 million of cap space. of that to replace the guys were losing. Or we can bring in rookies who we expect to produce like A vet. OH and lets pair are best youb-ng prospect with zero experience with Johns.  When in reality you could maybe get Tanev for you3rd A cash dump maybe 2cash dumps if you throw in you first and we add Edler Now all of A sudden you have 27 million in cap space. A rock solid top 4and one hell of A mentor for Honka All without giving up A roster player. But like I said in A previous rant. The Canucks when healthy were A playoff team who won nine straight. Both the twins and Louis had their worst seasons ever. Brock is an easy Calder finalist who will put up 30 Goldy with the Twins 20 no problem Bo Sven and Granny are all trending upwards And Jake is going to show why he was the 6th overall pick. 

The Nucks lost the most one-goal games and had the most lost games to injury. Even if they only score 45 more goals this year Very doable and you take their 43 losses and conservatively say half were by 2 goals or less. It was more like 30 but doesn't matter they finish with 238 goals 6thin the West and 109 points.

Have fun with Johns and leaving Honka to the wolves. We don't want your 3rd The guys I hope we get are LIljegren and if we acquire another pick Maybe for Edler for your pick I'd take that trade down and nab Necas or Petterson. As for the 3rd pick no thanks

of starting my own proposal to much work lol. I have been thinking about getting Dallas 3rd a. and have decided not worth it. First, we need A number one centre next year to replace Hank not 3 years from now.

I don't want Gabe so why move up. If it's true that were not interested in liljegren than I think we move the pick for a ready made player now. Like maybe our 54th and 5th for Duchene or the Oilers first and RNH for the 5th. We can always trade Edler to Dallas and use that and the oiler pick to move down and draft Kostin (best player in this draft or That other fin guy who lit up the dub this year, forget his name.. Honestly at 3 or 5 are we actually gonna find a player better then Duchene? Or RNH plus their 1st? not bloody likely IMO the best 4 players in this draft in no order are liljegren Kostin Necas and Petterson. if we could  The Oilers first plus our 33rd or the 29th if we Trade Edler to Dallas Who has said if he isn't wanted he would waive. Given the way he and Kling played seems like A no brainer.,

The Reason I am saying this is because I wen't through the stats from last year. Plus all the changes this year. I wrote this in hf and explains why I kind of feel this way. Plus our big issue was depth last year With all the changes and cap space that should be A non-issue this year. Please don't be too hard on me. Figure with all the doom and gloom surrounding this team it's nice to know maybe were not as far off as the rest of the league has us believing. Ps, since the Stars pick, is so high would we be better off to keep Edler unless A better offer comes up? And just use our 33rd plus If we were to trade our 5the to say the Oilers for RNH and their 1st  would that be enough to move down to grab one of those players I mentioned.?

Nice post.  I don't know if I agree with all of what you say, but much of it is good.  I don't think a guy like RNH could help us.  I just don't want to give up much to get him.  I was thinking, because of the Oiler's coming Cap issues, that a second (and Gaunce) would be all.  I would rather we kept our picks and added more, by moving Tanev.  I like to keep Edler, he's a big body minute muncher.  Sutter I would trade if we could get RNH.  How about Sutter straight up for RNH?

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nice post.  I don't know if I agree with all of what you say, but much of it is good.  I don't think a guy like RNH could help us.  I just don't want to give up much to get him.  I was thinking, because of the Oiler's coming Cap issues, that a second (and Gaunce) would be all.  I would rather we kept our picks and added more, by moving Tanev.  I like to keep Edler, he's a big body minute muncher.  Sutter I would trade if we could get RNH.  How about Sutter straight up for RNH?

I suggested that before. Oilers really really need A good shutdown 3rd line guy. And as much as people crap on sutter has he really been that bad? And I do agree with Keeping Tanev. either for a different trade or just keep him and maybe are rookies and vets having normal years plus less injuies = playoffs. Would be much better then sitting around every day checking to see the latest rumours. How did the leafs and oilers do it for so long.

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

This management group is likely to trade this year and next years number 1's along with Tanev for this year and next years Dallas firsts and bad contract and Spezza. morons.

What?  First 2017 + First 2018 (likely top five) + Tanev for Three this year + Dallas First 2018 (likely 16 to 25) + Spezza + Cap dump?  

Not unless JB adds a second in there!  :lol:

Archived