The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Dal

No GM except Benning would roster Brandon Sutter at $4m+, Dallas would want us to pay them something as it's a cap dump.  If we retain say $2m per season then it might make sense for them as Sutter is a serviceable bottom 6 C/F and those guys are worth 1-3m depending on production.

Pick No. 3

Lehtonen 

for 

Tanev

Good proposal though. I don't think Sutter is worth Tufte in any regards and as someone previously stated JB believes Sutter to be a foundational piece so chances are he ain't getting moved. 

Dallas will definitely hold on to Tufte either to see how. he develops or to see what prize they can land for him. He's worth much more then an overpaid 3C 

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Whats a Tanev Sutter trade get us?

To Van

3rdoverall+Riley Tufte+Lehtonen

To Dallas

Tanev+Sutter

Thoughts?

I like it. Sutter might need to have some salary retained.But as for as Proposals go it's pretty good.

10 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Pick No. 3

Lehtonen 

for 

Tanev

Good proposal though. I don't think Sutter is worth Tufte in any regards and as someone previously stated JB believes Sutter to be a foundational piece so chances are he ain't getting moved. 

Dallas will definitely hold on to Tufte either to see how. he develops or to see what prize they can land for him. He's worth much more then an overpaid 3C 

That would be a really good trade imo.

10 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Pick No. 3

Lehtonen 

for 

Tanev

You're going to have to add more...atleast CBJ 2nd for us to take Lehtonen or Niemi...

and sadly, i feel Dallas wants a 1st rd pick back. And i'm not sold on moving up 2 spots while using edler or tanev

23 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

You're going to have to add more...atleast CBJ 2nd for us to take Lehtonen or Niemi...

and sadly, i feel Dallas wants a 1st rd pick back. And i'm not sold on moving up 2 spots while using edler or tanev

JB hangs up.  No way they get Tanev AND a 1st for Vilardi and a cap dump.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

JB hangs up.  No way they get Tanev AND a 1st for Vilardi and a cap dump.

Thats why I feel we must make a move on Tanev first and get a top 10 pick or a mid 15s pick and a prospect. Then send that lesser first rd pick with edler or so for the 3rd oa

18 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Pick No. 3

Lehtonen 

for 

Tanev

That's what I'm hoping for, but Benning has said he wants to resign Miller. It doesn't make sense for us to take Lehtonen or Niemi if we keep Miller. 

Just now, NaveJoseph said:

That's what I'm hoping for, but Benning has said he wants to resign Miller. It doesn't make sense for us to take Lehtonen or Niemi if we keep Miller. 

Maybe that public announcement about resigning Miller is a negotiating technique, in hopes of putting pressure on Dallas.  Dallas will know if we sign Miller we will not be taking Niemi off their hands.

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe that public announcement about resigning Miller is a negotiating technique, in hopes of putting pressure on Dallas.  Dallas will know if we sign Miller we will not be taking Niemi off their hands.

Maybe, but Benning seems pretty sincere when he says things. It's only recently that he's become more tight-lipped. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Benning insists that he wants solid goaltending.  Niemi is shaky at times - my guess is that he would buy him out.  It's a 1.5M cap hit for 2 years.

Archived