The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Pre and post ED trades.

Since everyone seems to think we are years from competing I was bored and looked at last year as A whole, and realised were really not as bad as our record was.

So I thought why not use this ED and the draft to make us better now. Scenario 1 and 3 are pre-ED. trade 2 I didn;t look up TBs situation

TRADE#1 to Dallas Edler for their 28th overall He has stated on 2 occasions that I know of that he would consider moving if he felt the Canucks no longer wanted him

TRADE #2  Our 5th plus our 33rd to TB for point or Johnson and their 14th

Trade 3 The 28th pick and the Sharks 4th for Vats.

TRADE4 our Tanev plus our 54th to the Avs for Duchene.

Trade 5 Sutter 1.5 retained for the Oilers 1st.

GMjb still 2 first round picks to play with we have our #! centre and pp QB We sign Alzner to replace Edler And were a pretty competitive team. without one of those trades being A total Canucks landslide. I think Dank, Louis will score 15 -20 goals more between them. I think between Brock and Goldy your looking at at least another 45. Without factoring in Bo Sven. Granny or Jake that's 65 goals. 45 would have put us 6th in the West in scoring. and in not even adding what Vats stech Hutton Olli or Subban might do. lLet's say conservatively we lost 28 by 2 goals or less

Let's say we won half of them that is an extra 28 points giving us 98 and a berth in the playoffs. That is with A worse lineup than the one I have going forward. Again a lot would have to go right. If I remember correctly we were saying the same thing about us being the 2nd worst team in Hockey. 

ps Not saying all those trades have to happen, but the first 4 would be pretty sweet. Fire away. Please instead of just calling it stupid or nonsense why not add or give A valid reason why it sucks. Thanks Have A great night.

With all due respect to the twins, don't take this path while you've got 14 mill tied up in a slow top line.

edit: was distracted by Barkley interview(US feed)..funny guy.

You raise an interesting question with this title. How much will values change, pre & after the Exp draft?

3 hours ago, bp79 said:

Since everyone seems to think we are years from competing I was bored and looked at last year as A whole, and realised were really not as bad as our record was.

I had a really long day and am tired,  and perhaps misreading,  but you shouldn't be looking at 'asAwholes' when you are bored. 

12 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I had a really long day and am tired,  and perhaps misreading,  but you shouldn't be looking at 'asAwholes' when you are bored. 

As A whole or the idiot way as A hole. Thanks for being facetious when I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I meant based on other posts I've read from you. and given many pluses to kind of lame no?`

8 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Wow 3 replies and not one to do with my proposal well this friggin hurts lol,

It was a very ambitious post, kind of out there a bit but no more than trading Tanev for this years 3rd overall pick. There would be some cap details.

Some of the goal totals might be difficult to reach as some of those players are more finishers than passers.

And then there is Green, (turns out he is my 3rd cousin according to ancestroy.c), defense type style, but the PP better be good. Just think of AV when he first started, 3 to 4 years of dump and pray hockey before he gave up the room to the players. 

41 minutes ago, bp79 said:

As A whole or the idiot way as A hole. Thanks for being facetious when I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I meant based on other posts I've read from you. and given many pluses to kind of lame no?`

Sorry bp, I was just joking in general, but I was serious in that I was really tired and forgot the 'emoji' at the end of the comment. 

35 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It was a very ambitious post, kind of out there a bit but no more than trading Tanev for this years 3rd overall pick. There would be some cap details.

Some of the goal totals might be difficult to reach as some of those players are more finishers than passers.

And then there is Green, (turns out he is my 3rd cousin according to ancestroy.c), defense type style, but the PP better be good. Just think of AV when he first started, 3 to 4 years of dump and pray hockey before he gave up the room to the players. 

Thanks for responding ya I know it was long and a little far fetgched. just tired of all the tanev to dallas proposals. Or the fact were so far from competing. in A league where ottawa can make it the east finals anything is possible. Cheers

18 hours ago, bp79 said:

So I thought why not use this ED and the draft to make us better now. Scenario 1 and 3 are pre-ED. trade 2 I didn;t look up TBs situation

TRADE#1 to Dallas Edler for their 28th overall He has stated on 2 occasions that I know of that he would consider moving if he felt the Canucks no longer wanted him

GMjb still 2 first round picks to play with we have our #! centre and pp QB We sign Alzner to replace Edler And were a pretty competitive team. without one of those trades being A total Canucks landslide. I think Dank, Louis will score 15 -20 goals more between them. I think between Brock and Goldy your looking at at least another 45. Without factoring in Bo Sven. Granny or Jake that's 65 goals. 45 would have put us 6th in the West in scoring. and in not even adding what Vats stech Hutton Olli or Subban might do. lLet's say conservatively we lost 28 by 2 goals or less

Let's say we won half of them that is an extra 28 points giving us 98 and a berth in the playoffs. That is with A worse lineup than the one I have going forward. Again a lot would have to go right. If I remember correctly we were saying the same thing about us being the 2nd worst team in Hockey. 

ps Not saying all those trades have to happen, but the first 4 would be pretty sweet. Fire away. Please instead of just calling it stupid or nonsense why not add or give A valid reason why it sucks. Thanks Have A great night.

Edler won't waive, he's expecting a child this year and his family loves it in Vancouver.

Point is a on the cheap ELC that will help Tbay keep its roster together, and we shouldn't really be moving our 5th overall as it might results in a future No.1 C.

Vatanen might not be dealt if Ducks just buyout Bieksa or convince him to waive his no movement clause.  Competition for him will be fierce and we don't have the pieces to acquire him without dipping into our NHL ready prospects.

Sakic wants the world for Duchene, so i don't think we have assets to make that deal.  Plus Tanev's contract is sooooo sweet that it increases his trade value, i don't think i would trade him plus picks for Duchene who could walk in 2 years.

Sutter sucks, even with $3M retained he won't get us a 1st round pick, its better to roster this player and pay him the bloated contract, hope he gets hot before the trade deadline and some team (Calgary or Edm) losses a Centreman and gives us something for him.

I like where you are going with trading guys like Edler, Sutter, Tanev, who will be to old to be successful with a Bo Horvat led team to the playoffs.

That said, Tanev should be dealt for a top prospect and draft pick.  We should ask Edler to waive his no trade next summer in a better draft year, and hope someone offers us something for Sutter.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:03 PM, bp79 said:

First off, I don't like the idea of trading both Edler and Tanev, so one of those trades has to go.

1.  If Edler is agreeable to a trade, but I think you are undervaluing him here.

2.  This is an interesting trade.  Canucks end up with two top 6 players (who are in the perfect age range) and can pick up a decent dman (Liljegrin or Foote) with the 14th overall.  I like this trade very much.

3.  Not a big fan of Duchene and given trade #2, the team doesn't need another centre.  See #4

4.  Maybe combine the Sutter and Tanev trade to Oilers for Puljularvi and a 2nd.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

First off, I don't like the idea of trading both Edler and Tanev, so one of those trades has to go.

1.  If Edler is agreeable to a trade, but I think you are undervaluing him here.

2.  This is an interesting trade.  Canucks end up with two top 6 players (who are in the perfect age range) and can pick up a decent dman (Liljegrin or Foote) with the 14th overall.  I like this trade very much.

3.  Not a big fan of Duchene and given trade #2, the team doesn't need another centre.  See #4

4.  Maybe combine the Sutter and Tanev trade to Oilers for Puljularvi and a 2nd.

I like your ideas better

Archived