The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Ten NHL teams of All Time

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Eh, they were good and won the Cup with an 8-2 record, but finished second to the Red Wings in the regular season. I'd say the 1955-56 team was better since they also went 8-2 in the playoffs and dominated the regular season.

Fair enough. 

I'd say the 1942 Maple leafs also deserve some recognition for winning the cup after going down 3-0 in the series. Absolutely amazing comeback

On 2017-6-6 at 11:58 AM, Qwags said:

I'm not sure about being in the Top 10, but had we won in 2011, I believe we would have at least been considered a Top 20 team.

I wonder if anyone outside of vancouber believes vancouver should have won that cup.? 

On 6/7/2017 at 6:38 PM, erkayloomeh said:

I wonder if anyone outside of vancouber believes vancouver should have won that cup.? 

I'm sure there are many legit hockey fans outside of Vancouver that believe a healthy Canucks team vs a healthy Bruins team in the finals would have meant a Canucks Stanley Cup win.  Unfortunately, that's not how it works.  The Canucks lost because they were not the better team over 7 games (mostly due to injuries).

On 2017-6-6 at 11:37 AM, HC20.0 said:

I think if we'd won either game 6 or 7 in 2011, we'd be on that list. The 2011 Canucks were arguably one of the best teams ever assembled. Four scoring lines, five top 4 D, (three were top 2), and two elite goaltenders.

Four scoring lines?

That team only iced an NHL quality 4th line between the trade deadline and Manny's injury. 1 excellent scoring line, 1 good scoring line, 1 excellent checking line, and some spare parts.

Archived