The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Draft All The Picks Win All the Things

Fun read! But I'd take Heiskinen over Vilardi at 3rd OA, and best available C with 7th OA pick or ask for Arizona's 2018 1st rounder to spread the picks a bit considering next year is supposed to be better and I don't see Arizona improving much in standings next year. They also would likely prefer to keep this year's pick vs. next given the stage they are in their rebuild/development.

6 hours ago, westvandude said:Fun read! But I'd take Heiskinen over Vilardi at 3rd OA, and best available C with 7th OA pick or ask for Arizona's 2018 1st rounder to spread the picks a bit considering next year is supposed to be better and I don't see Arizona improving much in standings next year. They also would likely prefer to keep this year's pick vs. next given the stage they are in their rebuild/development.

we draft at fifth not 3rd  and we also dont have the 7th overall pick  not sure how we get them but kool i doubt any of these proposals go through  i think we should just draft 5th and try get one more pick in top ten for tanev   no way benning will overpay to move up   but 2 picks in top 15 plus 2 second rounders helps us  with future core plus  freeing 4.25 more mill in tanev means we can protect sbisa and maybe eata vet contract for more pucksdeals to be made

10 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

we draft at fifth not 3rd  and we also dont have the 7th overall pick  not sure how we get them but kool i doubt any of these proposals go through  i think we should just draft 5th and try get one more pick in top ten for tanev   no way benning will overpay to move up   but 2 picks in top 15 plus 2 second rounders helps us  with future core plus  freeing 4.25 more mill in tanev means we can protect sbisa and maybe eata vet contract for more pucksdeals to be made

thefact thatwe got 2 decent players on entry level contracts for hansen and burr  helps us massively   i just hope dahlin  and the russia kid end being gamers.

if benning can flip  sutter, tanev and edler for picks and almost nhl ready players  we can take 2 vet  contracts on teams in cap trouble for more picks maybe even let vegas have theirpick   literallysell  theseguys for high value then buy cheapspeeds up rebuild 2-3 yrs   but please resign horvat and guddy asap please

8 hours ago, canuktravella said:

I've always enjoyed when people give no reasons why something can't happen.

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

thefact thatwe got 2 decent players on entry level contracts for hansen and burr  helps us massively   i just hope dahlin  and the russia kid end being gamers.

if benning can flip  sutter, tanev and edler for picks and almost nhl ready players  we can take 2 vet  contracts on teams in cap trouble for more picks maybe even let vegas have theirpick   literallysell  theseguys for high value then buy cheapspeeds up rebuild 2-3 yrs   but please resign horvat and guddy asap please

I've also very much enjoyed watching people quote themselves :lol:

3 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

And why exactly does ARI give up two top-40 picks for Chris Tanev?

They could pick Liljegren at 7 OA and develop him instead of paying a premium for Tanev.

Good thing they're not losing a ton of cash every season and aren't entering a win now mode much like Buffalo and have the time to develop yet more prospects ever more prospects again.

19 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

The thing is if we get 2 Centres, how does that work going ahead. I mean I won't complain by any means if both pan out between Vilardi and Glass. Def take a defenceman with one of the 3 picks.

I think either player will do just fine on the wing. This would also open up a trade for our current wingers to open up a spot in the near future. All the top centers are ready for the nhl next season imo, keeping them down wouldn't progress their careers.

11 hours ago, canuktravella said:

LOL did you even read the OP?? He laid out a scenario, and however unlikely in your mind, the result was for us to have 3 first round picks this year: 2nd, 3rd, and 7th. He was saying we should take Hischier/Patrick at 2nd, Vilardi at 3rd and a D at 7th... I was simply saying in that scenario I'd take Heiskenin at 3rd and best available C at 7th.

Archived