The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

According to the ea twitter, we will be getting our first look at NHL 18 today with the full trailer and details being released at the NHL awards show on June 21. Ill update this post with the info once it comes out.

Teaser trailer

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/872493774525521920

Cover, preorder bonuses and full trailer

https://www.easports.com/nhl/beta

(July 26 - Aug 2)

Features can be found here

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/expansion-draft

I bet they'll offer a "Gold Collection" version for $200 like NBA2K is.  Just had a talk with my buddies about 'micro 'transactions' in games these days.  They don't game, so they were shocked when I told them some of these sports game go for that now.  I explained it's all due to this card collecting mode and whoever thought of that must've made millions.

So for NHL18 I fully expect fully re-designed menu's for HuT and improved access to the Playstation store ha :P

I read somewhere that there will be an expansion mode (no surprise) but that you will also be able to create your own expansion franchise and be the 32nd team.

I only ever play Be A  GM / Franchise mode, so I'm looking forward to this option.

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

I read somewhere that there will be an expansion mode (no surprise) but that you will also be able to create your own expansion franchise and be the 32nd team.

I only ever play Be A  GM / Franchise mode, so I'm looking forward to this option.

As a person who loves GM mode that sounds great! But I'm hoping you don't have to have owner mode on. I just found it kinda dumb.

Hope GM mode and be a pro are actually playable and reward you for your career stats. Kind of like Madden that shows records and who has broke them and legacy points to see where you rank amongst the greats.

Also hope the AI is halfway decent

Half of the reason I bought this game was for gm/be a pro modes, if these modes don't see significant improvements I will not be purchasing NHL 18.

I couldn't put down NHL 14 and since the move to nextgen I have barely picked up any of the them.

NHL games always have so much potential and leave me optimistic just to be disapointed by lack of key features in the game modes

NHL 15 left the most sour taste in my mouth of any game I have ever bought.. its like they were 6 months behind and just released the game anyways

WIth the new Madden trailer that came out today, I think I'd buy that twice before thinking about purchasing NHL. It's become nothing more than the game to play when your buddies are over having some beers and you need to decide who's paying for pizza 

Archived