Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MAFIA: Albuquerque Atomic City [Townies Win!!!]


T-rex930

Recommended Posts

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

ughhh BJ you disappoint. You're not even seriously considering it. The bolded is also a horrible justification tbh. 

 

I'm gonna type up a big post about why sheriff cover is important and how to use it properly. I have a decent amount of experience with it and it certainly has a +EV for the town if done correctly. 

Your half right. I've already made up my mind I'm not using it due to past experiences :P

Link to comment
Just now, Zfetch said:

You guys pointlessly speculating my post is even worse than me speculating the amount of mafia...At least that holds some merit.

 

Also, I don't like BWs jib. Hes just echoing MR and not chiming in with anything.

 

unvote;vote BW

I just started. Am I not allowed to agree with someone?

 

"pointlessly speculating" - bud we're playing mafia.

Link to comment
Just now, Beluga Whale said:

I just started. Am I not allowed to agree with someone?

 

"pointlessly speculating" - bud we're playing mafia.

It's not so much the pointlessly speculating, it's the pointlessly speculating on something you find pointlessly speculating.

Link to comment

Even playing is pointless. Just follow me around as I dominate. Already caught Hashtag, would've solved the game by now if CDC wasn't down yesterday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Correctly lynching > No Lynch

hah

 

Can you give it serious consideration please. 

 

If everyone isn't clear, we extend the game from a max of 4 rounds to a max of 5 if we choose No Lynch on one of the days. Obviously the first day seems the most appropriate since we have the least info. 

Link to comment

SHERIFF COVER

 

Since there is no PMing the sheriff needs to find a way to reveal the investigation results without actually claiming. We can't run the risk of them keeping quiet because if they die before dropping investigation results we lose valuable information. I suggest that we all provide sheriff cover by leaving hypothetical investigation results, allowing the real sheriff to reveal their results without actually claiming. The ENTIRE Town needs to be on board with this plan otherwise the mafia will have a narrow search region in their sheriff hunt. These hypothetical investigation results don't need to be revealed immediately and not even necessarily on this day phase, but everyone should do this at some point. 

 

Leaving sheriff cover: Peeks can be left in any way you choose as long as it is clear which players are the peeks. This can be done subtly or by outright declaring the peek. 

 

E.g. TL was investigated as town.

Quote

TL is my D1 investigation and he's town

 

Or if I wanted to be more discrete:

Quote

Town:

TL

Towny:

....

Scummy:

...

Believable sheriff cover: The major part of this is that you need to actually look like a potential sheriff. If you leave poor cover or make it obvious you aren't the sheriff then you're doing the mafia a favour. 

 

First of all the peeks need to be believable. Pick an investigation on a player that makes sense as an investigation. Second of all, don't ever drop the cover unless you absolutely have to. And don't do things that make your cover look fake. E.g. throwing shade on a player you peeked as town. 

 

You should also try to be accurate with these peaks because any incorrect peaks will obviously remove you from the pool of potential sheriffs. This is why it is usually best to wait until later in the round to drop peaks or even until D2 if need be. 

 

I think this covers most of it. 

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

SHERIFF COVER

 

Since there is no PMing the sheriff needs to find a way to reveal the investigation results without actually claiming. We can't run the risk of them keeping quiet because if they die before dropping investigation results we lose valuable information. I suggest that we all provide sheriff cover by leaving hypothetical investigation results, allowing the real sheriff to reveal their results without actually claiming. The ENTIRE Town needs to be on board with this plan otherwise the mafia will have a narrow search region in their sheriff hunt. These hypothetical investigation results don't need to be revealed immediately and not even necessarily on this day phase, but everyone should do this at some point. 

 

Leaving sheriff cover: Peeks can be left in any way you choose as long as it is clear which players are the peeks. This can be done subtly or by outright declaring the peek. 

 

E.g. TL was investigated as town.

 

Or if I wanted to be more discrete:

Believable sheriff cover: The major part of this is that you need to actually look like a potential sheriff. If you leave poor cover or make it obvious you aren't the sheriff then you're doing the mafia a favour. 

 

First of all the peeks need to be believable. Pick an investigation on a player that makes sense as an investigation. Second of all, don't ever drop the cover unless you absolutely have to. And don't do things that make your cover look fake. E.g. throwing shade on a player you peeked as town. 

 

You should also try to be accurate with these peeks because any incorrect peeks will obviously remove you from the pool of potential sheriffs. This is why it is usually best to wait until later in the round to drop peeks or even until D2 if need be. 

 

I think this covers most of it. 

EBWOP. Idk why I started using peak instead of peek in the last paragraph. That's probably what I deserve after calling out BJ's grammar hehe.

 

And peeks = investigation btw. 

Link to comment

Re: Sheriff cover

I'm in favour of it. I don't get the resistance to the idea. The numbers are on the TP's side - there are 8 of us, and if we do it properly (see BW's suggestions on how) the mafia will still only be taking a one-in-six(ish) guess at best. In a small game that's reasonable. The positive (leaving behind solid info on a player's alignment) is far more important. Imagine if we get to a final-5 or final-3 scenario (both quite possible in a 10-player game) and the Sheriff has died. Wouldn't their clear be the most valuable bit of info in the game at that point?

 

Re: No lynch

I'm okay with this idea too, but only after we spend the day pressuring each other.

Link to comment

Flying back home to California today. I apologize in advance when I confuse everyone due to messing up timezones. 

 

My early thoughts so far:

I didn't like Zfetch's early post on BW.

 

17 hours ago, Zfetch said:

You guys pointlessly speculating my post is even worse than me speculating the amount of mafia...At least that holds some merit.

 

Also, I don't like BWs jib. Hes just echoing MR and not chiming in with anything.

 

unvote;vote BW

I don't see anything out of the ordinary so far with BW's posting. He's agreed to a point, but also provided his own thought. Usually TP Zfetch will hardly try and drop derp votes in round 1, but this post seems like he was trying to raise a point with his vote. 

 

Hashtag has been noticeably aggressive so far. However, I haven't really seen actual scum hunting so far from her.

 

TL with his usual flyby. Keep an eye out for him.

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Flying back home to California today. I apologize in advance when I confuse everyone due to messing up timezones. 

 

My early thoughts so far:

I didn't like Zfetch's early post on BW.

 

I don't see anything out of the ordinary so far with BW's posting. He's agreed to a point, but also provided his own thought. Usually TP Zfetch will hardly try and drop derp votes in round 1, but this post seems like he was trying to raise a point with his vote. 

 

Hashtag has been noticeably aggressive so far. However, I haven't really seen actual scum hunting so far from her.

 

TL with his usual flyby. Keep an eye out for him.

I don't just randomly throw away my vote...I randomly throw it away with reason. 

 

You stupid asss

I still don't like BWs posts. He's still reiterating what's already been said.

Link to comment
  • T-rex930 changed the title to MAFIA: Albuquerque Atomic City [Townies Win!!!]
  • diesel_3 unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...