The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MAFIA: Albuquerque Atomic City [Townies Win!!!]

T-rex930

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

LOL MR IS THE LAST MAFIA.

He's trying to frame Stamkos for inactivity and had intentions to frame me based off Z's comments.

Like, why isn't this obvious to anybody?

I can buy it.

unvote vote MR

8 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

LOL MR IS THE LAST MAFIA.

He's trying to frame Stamkos for inactivity and had intentions to frame me based off Z's comments.

Like, why isn't this obvious to anybody?

I think that's pretty unlikely but I'm not taking him out of the equation yet. I actually didn't like the post where he called BJ, Arm and I "defo town". BJ is the only that I would really consider definitely town at this point. 

I hate this type of scum hunting, but I do have to make light to the thread that @Stamkos has posted and been active in other fantasy threads on this site since game start. Since he's currently up for a GK, I don't think we should vote for him, but he deserves to be put in front of a Senate hearing if he does return.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

1. It's only consequential in hindsight.  Like I said, it was inconsequential at the time it was placed.

2. I think you misunderstood.  You would be the one gaining credit since you hopped on Zfetch early.  Your first point says as much and that's why I'm calling it out.

And this last part is why I don't understand why it is you think I'm the other mafia.  You acknowledge that in a two player mafia partnership it would be the worst team play to bus a mate that early and stick with it.  But your case against me follows similar logic.  So you couldn't possibly be mafia because of that reason and I could be mafia because of that reason?

- I like this highlighted portion. I think it does reveal a fallacy in MR's line of thinking. I have others that I would prefer to vote on, but wanted to make my thoughts known on the AV/MR situation.

- Hashtag gets 0 derp clear points from me. She was plenty active in round 1 but her "scum hunting" was not that of the investigative type. She also disappeared when the votes were starting to tally on her. 

- Like Stamkos, DM fits in line with the no MK due to his usual lack of participation in mafia chats as others have pointed out. I've noticed also that he likes to bus teammates as mafia, but usually when they are inconsequential or non swinging votes. That fits in line with his Zfetch vote, and provides a way better explanation that he gave.

BJ's Lynch Pool:

Stamkos (GK?)

Hashtag

DM

MR

Vote DM

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

- I like this highlighted portion. I think it does reveal a fallacy in MR's line of thinking. I have others that I would prefer to vote on, but wanted to make my thoughts known on the AV/MR situation.

- Hashtag gets 0 derp clear points from me. She was plenty active in round 1 but her "scum hunting" was not that of the investigative type. She also disappeared when the votes were starting to tally on her. 

- Like Stamkos, DM fits in line with the no MK due to his usual lack of participation in mafia chats as others have pointed out. I've noticed also that he likes to bus teammates as mafia, but usually when they are inconsequential or non swinging votes. That fits in line with his Zfetch vote, and provides a way better explanation that he gave.

BJ's Lynch Pool:

Stamkos (GK?)

Hashtag

DM

MR

Vote DM

I don't think MR's reasoning was fallacious. He provided the initial evidence against Zfetch and pushed hard. AV merely voted Zfetch without much explanation. I see those two things as quite different. 

Wrt DM, what do you think about this post? He retroactively justified his vote on Zfetch but it was more well-thought-out and articulated than most things he posts as town.

9 hours ago, HashtagNucks said:

This i going to sound like complete BS.... But I was actually very active over the weekend -_- 

My gut is telling me nothing. As lame as that sounds. I'll read over and hopefully will be able to finally be of help this round

5 hours ago, HashtagNucks said:

TL & AV are currently at the top of my list.

I feel pretty useless this game. I really wish I was able to post on the weekend when I had a lot of free time.

4 hours ago, HashtagNucks said:

This seems like a stretch. I feel not helpful mostly due to the outages on the weekend. 
My time is minimal during weekdays. 

So not being able to do read throughs on the weekend hurt me particularily.

I'll try to post some explainations later.
But to put it short
AV's voting made me suspicious. Just the order and timing of his votes seemed off.

TL is just not very active and has made efforts to seem active. That being said the same could be said for me.

Is it weird that Hashtag keeps talking about her free time on the weekend? Lol. I bring this up because it's kinda scummy when someone is continuously justifying their absence. 

Also, the outages weren't even on the weekend from what I recall. 

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

I don't think MR's reasoning was fallacious. He provided the initial evidence against Zfetch and pushed hard. AV merely voted Zfetch without much explanation. I see those two things as quite different. 

Wrt DM, what do you think about this post? He retroactively justified his vote on Zfetch but it was more well-thought-out and articulated than most things he posts as town.

First part: not necessarily focused on interaction with Zfetch with AV/MR but Interaction between AV/MR. I concede MR pushed hard after Zfetch as opposed to AV, but I haven't liked his round 2 play thus far. He gave a couple people some quick TP clears (which is not super suspicious by itself) but I also find myself in more agreement with AV's points on him than vice versa. 

Its all speculative and meta centered, but conceivably, I could see MR and Z planning an early bus so that one could get some TP points early. If the mafia agreed to a bus, MR's way would be the proper and less suspicious way of doing it than AV.

Will answer the DM point after I finish this escape room with my family.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:05 AM, Zfetch said:

I support the lynching of Stamkos round one

Vote Stamkos

Zfetch typically busses early on

On 6/9/2017 at 0:01 PM, Master Radishes said:

Why are you pretending you don't know how many scum there are?

A. Pretty sure it's 2, considering that's what we discussed in the old thread.

B. We're teammates.

I don't think MR would say this as mafia because it draws unnecessary attention to the idea of Zfetch and MR being teammates

On 6/9/2017 at 2:19 PM, HashtagNucks said:

How productive

:rolleyes:

On 6/9/2017 at 2:33 PM, DarthMelvin said:

Yes. It is an odd post? 

I'm liking MR's idea but I feel it would be more effective maybe in 2 or 3 rounds if we have not had any luck in the rounds before it.

Weird post so more like town DM I guess

On 6/9/2017 at 3:24 PM, Master Radishes said:

Anyway, going back to this post:

The more I think about it, the more I find this suspicious. The whole "I'm not sure how many mafia there might be" shtick has set off little sirens for me. That has definitely been done before by scum trying to sneak clear themselves.

Vote Zfetch

Yeah they aren't teammates

On 6/9/2017 at 4:03 PM, HashtagNucks said:

How productive

I'd like to think that no one could possibly get mad about what was posted and that this is Hashtag pretending to be mad and she's mafia

On 6/9/2017 at 4:21 PM, HashtagNucks said:

Vote Armbar

Literally worst TP last game and still has a ton of confidence.

Also called a legitimate suggestion "gay" 

Which is just quality mafia.

Actually she seems legitimately mad here so I don't know

On 6/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, Zfetch said:

AV disappearing is sketch af

I forgot to quote a post where he randomly asks DM what he thinks so it looks like he's trying to distance himself from these two implying one is mafia. Or he's just messing with our minds and both are TP.

On 6/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, DarthMelvin said:

Yes... you seem anxious.

This is the kind of simple response that could easily be bussing

On 6/10/2017 at 6:21 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

Sorry, I had my invisibility cloak on.

Vote Zfetch

Master Radishes - I'm coming for you next, brother.

AV votes for Zfetch at a bad time if they're teammates

Again I forgot to quote but here DM votes for Zfetch to make it 4-3 to Hashtag, and then Zfetch self votes:

On 6/11/2017 at 1:00 AM, Zfetch said:

Unvote;Vote Zfetch

I will take this L but next time I'll bounce back. 

I think this is a bad scum strategy. Unless the counter wagon is also mafia...

On 6/11/2017 at 1:06 AM, Armbar said:

Zfetch (4) - MR, AV, DM, Zfetch
Hashtag (4) - Armbar, BJ, TL, BW
Armbar (1) - Hashtag

No Vote: Stamkos

I can't type below the next quote for some reason but the bolded reads like he knows MR is town and is looking for a reason to suspect him, especially compared to most of his posts where he's so certain MR is mafia

On 6/12/2017 at 8:43 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

1. It's only consequential in hindsight.  Like I said, it was inconsequential at the time it was placed.

2. I think you misunderstood.  You would be the one gaining credit since you hopped on Zfetch early.  Your first point says as much and that's why I'm calling it out.

And this last part is why I don't understand why it is you think I'm the other mafia.  You acknowledge that in a two player mafia partnership it would be the worst team play to bus a mate that early and stick with it.  But your case against me follows similar logic.  So you couldn't possibly be mafia because of that reason and I could be mafia because of that reason

I like that analysis, TL. I totally forgot about the idea that Zfetch self voting could have been a scheme to tie w/w votes. That does make Hashtag look like a better vote to me now.

I agree that the timing of AV's vote looks good. Obviously bussing is never out if the question but he didn't have to do that if he was scum.

Also did some thinking and I'm starting to lean towards AV's tunneling on MR as being more twtbw than anything.

unvote; vote hashtag

Archived