The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gregory Campbell announces retirement

16 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Such a gutsy shift, very under appreciated 4th liner.

He is basically Nick Kypreos with a Daddy in power, right place right time borderline NHL player easily replaceable.  

No real story here just bad memories. He was a douche just like his Dad  (directly e-mailing officials regarding his son) and their Cronies.  He was also known as a dirty player during his career and not well liked outside his teammates.

21 hours ago, Borvat said:

He is basically Nick Kypreos with a Daddy in power, right place right time borderline NHL player easily replaceable.  

No real story here just bad memories. He was a douche just like his Dad  (directly e-mailing officials regarding his son) and their Cronies.  He was also known as a dirty player during his career and not well liked outside his teammates.

No teams will keep a player in the league for 11 years just cause Dad is an NHL higher up just ask Brian Burke's kid. Campbell was a very serviceable solid 4th liner, played a hard and gritty game. He wasn't anything special but he also wasn't in the league because his dad was Colin Campbell. 

It's ok though I don't expect any unbiased views around here.

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No teams will keep a player in the league for 11 years just cause Dad is an NHL higher up just ask Brian Burke's kid. Campbell was a very serviceable solid 4th liner, played a hard and gritty game. He wasn't anything special but he also wasn't in the league because his dad was Colin Campbell. 

It's ok though I don't expect any unbiased views around here.

Never said he was in the league solely because of his Father.  Please re-read my post and I stand by my comments.  

Easily replaceable as a 4th liner, right place right time to win a cup, his Father directly tried to use his influence to benefit his son while in a position of authority, border line talent like a majority of 4th line players, no real story especially from a Canuck's fan perspective and he was known to be a somewhat dirty player.

No bias just my opinion based on facts.  

31 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Never said he was in the league solely because of his Father.  Please re-read my post and I stand by my comments.  

Easily replaceable as a 4th liner, right place right time to win a cup, his Father directly tried to use his influence to benefit his son while in a position of authority, border line talent like a majority of 4th line players, no real story especially from a Canuck's fan perspective and he was known to be a somewhat dirty player.

No bias just my opinion based on facts.  

I never said he was irreplaceable just under appreciated, he was a solid 4th line player though.

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I never said he was irreplaceable just under appreciated, he was a solid 4th line player though.

Sorry but I never appreciated him, effort is mandatory as a borderline talent and most NHL players have it unless they are extremely talented.  There are too many other things about his game and legacy for me to admire him.

By all means feel free to appreiciate him.  When you post others may not agree.  Cheers

On 6/9/2017 at 11:28 AM, khay said:

This isn't really newsworthy. A career 4th liner, a below average player most of his career, whose career was made by his daddy.

No, he was a quality 4th liner who played over 800 games, won cups, scored a little, fought and protected his teamates and went out on his own terms.

I doubt your resume is as impressive

8 hours ago, Borvat said:

Sorry but I never appreciated him, effort is mandatory as a borderline talent and most NHL players have it unless they are extremely talented.  There are too many other things about his game and legacy for me to admire him.

By all means feel free to appreiciate him.  When you post others may not agree.  Cheers

What is it you don't like about him?

If the answer is "He was on the Bruin team that beat us" than that's pretty weak.

1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

No, he was a quality 4th liner who played over 800 games, won cups, scored a little, fought and protected his teamates and went out on his own terms.

I doubt your resume is as impressive

He was a 4th liner,  whose career was extended by his influential daddy. A quality 4th liner? All 4th liners do the things you described, so I'm not sure what a "quality" 4th liner is.

And lol at your last comment. What are you? Campbell family spokesperson? Actually, my resume is more impressive than his. I doubt yours is as impressive as mine :P

13 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

What is it you don't like about him?

If the answer is "He was on the Bruin team that beat us" than that's pretty weak.

As I noted above, I don't find anything to appreciate about him. 803 games sure...

187 points / -33 / 49.4% FO doesn't jump out at me as wow that guy was underappreciated for what he brought to the game as a player.

His mediocre stats, borderline dirty play and his Father's meddling pretty much underlines the fact I won't miss him.  I don't understand why people need to add comments like.....  If the answer is "He was on the Bruin team that beat us" than that's pretty weak" 

I stated my reasons it's like me saying to you.....

What is it you like about him?

If the answer is "Without him the Bruins never would have won the Cup and his Dad was only trying to stand up for his son like any Dad by abusing his authority and a lot of players are dirty" then that's pretty weak.

Archived