The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

This might be our strongest young star's roster yet....it looks like all our college kids, our recent signees and draftees as well as some fine looking invitees!

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Ratelle / Gaudette / Lockwood

Gadjovich / MacEwen /  Molino

Palmu  / Mckenzie /  Lind

Cressey / Luchuk / D'Aoust

....fast....talented and greasy lot ....should be half of our forward lineup in 2-3 years.... a minimum of 6 of those guys will make it....

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This might be our strongest young star's roster yet....it looks like all our college kids, our recent signees and draftees as well as some fine looking invitees!

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Ratelle / Gaudette / Lockwood

Gadjovich / MacEwen /  Molino

Palmu  / Mckenzie /  Lind

Cressey / Luchuk / D'Aoust

....fast....talented and greasy lot ....should be half of our forward lineup in 2-3 years.... a minimum of 6 of those guys will make it....

If I had to bet I go with

Dahlen, Pettersson, Boeser, Lockwood, Gaudette, and Gadjovich to make the show with an NHL team. Not necessarily the Nucks.

25 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

If I had to bet I go with

Dahlen, Pettersson, Boeser, Lockwood, Gaudette, and Gadjovich to make the show with an NHL team. Not necessarily the Nucks.

Underselling Lind a bit there haha He will be an NHL forward even if its a third line complementary guy. But he has potential to be a top line guy if his development goes right

They stacked one team last year, with the likes of Stecher, Boeser, Juolevi, Demko on the same squad. If they do it again this year, I could see:

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

Gadjovich- Gaudette - Lind

McEwen - Palmu - Carcone

Molino

Juolev - Chatfield

Brisebois - Rathbone

Candella - Brubacher

Dipietro

vs. the rest lol. And it looks to be 21 forwards, so either 10 or 11 per roster. 

3 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

Probably why most of the undrafted college invites live in Vancouver already.

True but I was referring to Gaudette, Lockwood, Rathbone.....the American college draft picks that are showing up on their own dime which is awesome.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Underselling Lind a bit there haha He will be an NHL forward even if its a third line complementary guy. But he has potential to be a top line guy if his development goes right

Completely missed Lind hahaha didn't even see him.

You are correct.

On 2017-06-25 at 11:58 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Gonna bump this thread with the hope that it'll heat up some with post-draft invites of players who slipped though the rounds this year and remain undrafted.

Also, and I know it's kinda off topic, but of this year's crop of undrafted players, who would people like the see invited?

Two come to mind for me:

(1) Ty Lewis: was ranked 59 (NA skaters) and didn't hear his name called. 2nd time eligible. 30 goals and nearly a point per game for Brandon (WHL).

Here's a scouting report/draft profile: http://thehockeywriters.com/ty-lewis-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

(2) Kevin Hancock: was ranked 91 (NA skaters) and also slipped through the draft. Another 2nd time eligible. Played with Gadjovich in Owen Sound (OHL), with a fair amount of minutes as linemates. Scored 30 goals and 85 points last season.

And a scouting report/draft profile: http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-draft-5-forgotten-prospects/ (Hancock appears 2nd in this feature)

I'd be happy to see both Lewis and Hancock invited.

I like the idea of inviting quality undrafted players who've been passed over twice. There's a small window where you can sign these guys and it would be good to get a close look at both of them before that window closes and they head back into the draft (or to consider them for 2018 late round overager picks).

These are also two of the more highly touted 2nd time eligibles from this season, appearing on many lists of the best undrafted/re-entries this year:

http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-draft-overagers/

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.dobberprospects.com/prospects-ramblings-top-ten-overage-prospects-re-entering-the-2017-nhl-draft/amp/

So those are the two that come to mind for me. Anyone else have a player that went undrafted who they'd like to see get an invite from Vancouver?

And slightly off topic (again): who were the "shockers" who looked like sure things but ended up slipping through seven rounds and going undrafted this year?

EDIT: HFboards actually has a topic that asks many of the same questions I have in this post: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2362457

So I'm gonna use their posters to "crowdsource" a list of undrafed players that Canucks fans would like to see invited to camp (I've added hyperlinks to their respective elite prospects in pages):

MacAuley Carson

Richard Hugg

Parker Kelly

Jordy Bellerive

Adam Thilander

Dylan Coghlin

Reid Gardener

Austen Keating

Pavel Shen

Artyom Minulin

Brady Lyle

Tommy Miller

Hugo Danielsson

Joel Teasdale

Samuel Bucek

Kaden Fulcher

Dereck Baribeau

And the above are merely the undrafted players that HFCanucks posters want invited.

The list of quality undrafted 2017 prospects continues. This thread offers a substantially longer list of potential invites:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2362441

:lol: And now that I look at this post, I realize it should have been a new thread. Unless nobody responds to this post, in which case I'll assume this stuff is only interesting to me.

Fantastic post! It's kind of sad that some of these kids fall through the cracks at the draft, especially after puttting together solid seasons. 

The canucks should definitely invite some of the names you'd mentioned. 

10 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Didn't Benning say that Pettersson won't be there because his team in Sweden is starting to train soon?

*Training camp/preseason.

Prospect camp he's still free and apparently will be there.

Guess I'm kind of new to this stuff, but I noticed on the roster on page 1 that Gaudette will be wearing #45, but that's Chaput's number. ?? Also, Palmu will be wearing #61, but that was worn by McEneny.

Why wasn't Subban, McEneny and Sautner invited? 

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Guess I'm kind of new to this stuff, but I noticed on the roster on page 1 that Gaudette will be wearing #45, but that's Chaput's number. ?? Also, Palmu will be wearing #61, but that was worn by McEneny.

Why wasn't Subban, McEneny and Sautner invited? 

Don't get stuck on the numbers. Subban, McEneny, and Sautner have a fair amount of pro-experience now, this development camp wouldn't help them. I was actually surprised to see Boeser going, as this would be his 3rd camp and he has some time in the NHL. 

Archived