The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ranking Canuck players 25 & under in the system

Hortankin

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Ranking who is the better players as of right now, and then projecting the future.

The ones on the top 9 are there mainly because they proved they could play. Players like Virtanen, Dahlen, and Goldobin could move up fairly quickly with a strong start to the season. Just personal preference. Was hoping to see more people attempt it, but I guess the lists would be pretty similar.. it's going to be a long Offseason :(

Feel like there should be separate lists based on position. Seems odd otherwise to say someone like Hutton is better than Demko right now (list 1). I guess he's more valuable to the big club since he's with it whereas Demko is not, but I'd say Thatcher is for sure farther along in his development (for a goalie) than Ben is in his (for a defenseman).

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Ya I don't jump on and of the bandwagons I stick by my boys through it all.

Virtanen is that guy we will be talking about proving all the haters wrong down the road

I just don't think he's down that far in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Just like to see how others rank our current pile of youth that's suppose to lead us to promise land in 3-5 years.

I'm going to do 1 based on current rankings and then based on how I believe it will look in 5 years time.

1. Horvat

2. Boeser

3. Baertschi 

4. Tryamkin 

5. Granlund

6. Stecher 

7. Gudbranson 

8. Hutton

9. Demko

10. Goldobin

11. Dahlen

12. Juolevi

13. Molino

14. Gaudette

15. Virtanen 

16. Subban

17. McEneny

18. Pedan

19. Lockwood

20. Brisebois

In 5-7 years.....

1. Demko (+8)

2. Horvat (-1)

3. Boeser (-1)

4. Dahlen (+7)

5. Juolevi (+7)

6. Stecher (=)

7. Virtanen (+8)

8. Tryamkin (-4)

9. Goldobin (+1)

10. Gaudette (+4)

11. Gudbranson (-4)

12. Hutton (-4)

13. Granlund (-8)

14. Baertschi (-11)

15. Subban (+1)

16. Molino (-3)

17. Lockwood (+2)

18. Brisbois (+2)

19. McEneny (-2)

20. McEwen (?)

Sorry if I forgot anyone, tried my best :P

LOL Pedan is a last call up at best plus Subban if he does not pull up his socks will be another ahler for life

14 hours ago, Hortankin said:

He's still in the system anD I believe he comes back. No way JB let's that talent just go away. Even if he doesn't come back I'm still satisfied with our D. Especially if we draft Heiskanen or Makar

uhhh........The lack of intelligence on this board is making difficult to be polite.

HE'S GONE

JB made a bad pick, he didn't not scout Tym properly, he got all giddy about his size and forgot to ask him a few questions like: "Do you want to play in N.A?"

Dim Jim has no more power to get him back than I have to retain my sanity if I keep reading this drivel

It seems like half the posters on CDC are on the payroll, it's company line, over and over

BTW I can feel it in my bones......Dim Jim's latest draft screw-up is going to be one of the two you mentioned...probably Makar and we will see an epic bust, like that other D-man we drafted in the 80's

Trev will you PLEASE fire this guy, he is NOT GM material

Do the job yourself

7 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Feel like there should be separate lists based on position. Seems odd otherwise to say someone like Hutton is better than Demko right now (list 1). I guess he's more valuable to the big club since he's with it whereas Demko is not, but I'd say Thatcher is for sure farther along in his development (for a goalie) than Ben is in his (for a defenseman).

A guy who's never played an NHL game is for sure further along in his development than one who's going into his third NHL season? OK.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

A guy who's never played an NHL game is for sure further along in his development than one who's going into his third NHL season? OK.

If you think Hutty is a better defenseman than Thatcher is a goalie then that's your prerogative but I disagree. Goalies take a long time to season, but Demko's going to be making a bigger splash in his first two seasons at his position than Hutton did in his. 

4 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

uhhh........The lack of intelligence on this board is making difficult to be polite.

HE'S GONE

JB made a bad pick, he didn't not scout Tym properly, he got all giddy about his size and forgot to ask him a few questions like: "Do you want to play in N.A?"

Dim Jim has no more power to get him back than I have to retain my sanity if I keep reading this drivel

It seems like half the posters on CDC are on the payroll, it's company line, over and over

BTW I can feel it in my bones......Dim Jim's latest draft screw-up is going to be one of the two you mentioned...probably Makar and we will see an epic bust, like that other D-man we drafted in the 80's

Do the job yourself

"If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was."

I can't wait to see your posts when JB gets a 3 year extension in December. Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all which you may or may not want

to take to heart. Or keep reading from Three Billy Goats Gruff like you always do...

4 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

HE'S GONE

Do the job yourself

wow, lot's of anger over a "game".   So every time a player is to be drafted in later rounds, the GM is supposed to fly to wherever that player lives and get them to sign a paper of some sort to guarantee no matter what that they will never, ever, consider using any rules in their favour as a player to puruse their career and family life they way they feel is best for them?    

Interesting approach.   

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I see a lot of okay players, but no one stands out as elite.  Don't we need elite?

Too early to tell. We have quite a few players with elite POTENTIAL.. potential being the key word before people start assuming I'm saying these guys are elite, I'm not. It's just potential and it's up to them to put the work in to reach it.

Demko - high

Horvat - high

Boeser - high

Dahlen - high

Juolevi - medium

Stecher - medium

Tryamkin - medium

Goldobin - medium

Gaudette - medium

Virtanen - low

Granlund - low

Baertschi - low

Its going to be a fun couple years watching them develop.

On 2017-06-10 at 2:08 PM, Hortankin said:

Just like to see how others rank our current pile of youth that's suppose to lead us to promise land in 3-5 years.

I'm going to do 1 based on current rankings and then based on how I believe it will look in 5 years time.

1. Horvat

2. Boeser

3. Baertschi 

4. Tryamkin 

5. Granlund

6. Stecher 

7. Gudbranson 

8. Hutton

9. Demko

10. Goldobin

11. Dahlen

12. Juolevi

13. Molino

14. Gaudette

15. Virtanen 

16. Subban

17. McEneny

18. Pedan

19. Lockwood

20. Brisebois

In 5-7 years.....

1. Demko (+8)

2. Horvat (-1)

3. Boeser (-1)

4. Dahlen (+7)

5. Juolevi (+7)

6. Stecher (=)

7. Virtanen (+8)

8. Tryamkin (-4)

9. Goldobin (+1)

10. Gaudette (+4)

11. Gudbranson (-4)

12. Hutton (-4)

13. Granlund (-8)

14. Baertschi (-11)

15. Subban (+1)

16. Molino (-3)

17. Lockwood (+2)

18. Brisbois (+2)

19. McEneny (-2)

20. McEwen (?)

Sorry if I forgot anyone, tried my best :P

Absolutely agree with your 5-7 year rankings. Demko will be plastered on the side of Rogers Arena someday soon.

only guy you appear to be sleeping on is Brisebois. He'll be a steady NHL defender for a lotta years. He's better than Guddy.

23 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

...I'd say Thatcher is for sure farther along in his development (for a goalie) than Ben is in his (for a defenseman).

15 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

13 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

If you think Hutty is a better defenseman than Thatcher is a goalie then that's your prerogative but I disagree. 

Erecting straw men like that is dishonest. You should try to avoid doing that if you want to have any credibility.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 7:27 PM, Hortankin said:

Ya I don't jump on and of the bandwagons I stick by my boys through it all.

You're supposed to cheer for the team through it all.  Ranking your fav player ahead of good ones isn't sticking with your boy, it's rejecting reality.  

Now

1. Horvat 

2. Tryamkin

3. Baertschi

4. Boeser

5. Granlund

1. Dahlin

2. Horvat

3. Boeser

4. Demko

5. Tryamkin

Archived