The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Tryamkin Return To The Canucks?

Hortankin

Tryamkin   

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tryamkin is a beast. Some say he's over-rated but I think he's under-rated by most. People seem to think I am crazy for saying he's better than Chara. Am I really crazy? I don't think so. Let's look a bit deeper...

What makes Chara the HOF player he is today?

His big thing was his toughness. Now Chara as of now owns Tryamkin in this department, but I don't think it will be too long before that changes. Right now Tryamkin kind of seems like a gentle giant out there most times, and it kind of bugs me, but he is a big guy and is worried about the damage he could potentially cause. 1 hard Mid ice check could quite possibly end someones career, kind of scary when you think of it. He has shown flashes of his toughness, he just doesn't bring it as consistently as Chara, not even close. Thats ok though, because that will change as soon as Tryamkin gets a taste of playoff hockey. 

VS

1 more is his big heavy shot. Tryamkin also has a big heavy shot, although not certain, I think Chara has the harder shot. That could very well change shortly to. Chara has made a living on his low slap shot. Scoring goals and getting a lot of assists off of his rebounds. I have to give this one to Chara right now, but remember, its early and we are comparing a kid to a veteran, so the toughness and the harder shot will develop.

Now, where Tryamkin has Chara beat at by a mile is his skating. His speed, acceleration, balance, and posture is all better than Chara's. Chara always had this akward Ness to him with his skating, although he still was able to make plays, his skating just wasn't that good. Tryamkin skates the puck from end to end like you would see Karlsson, Doughty, and Subban would. Tryamkin might not be at that elite stage yet, but the fact he can do that at such a young age shows the kind of potential he has. 

Discipline I would have to go witH the gentle giant on this. Chara has a pretty short fuse lol.

Playmaking I will leave up to you guys. I'm going to say Chara just because of experience, but I really don't know so I'm not going to pretend I do. 

Leadership edge obviously goes to Chara but just like the strength and shot, it's too early to tell who will be the better one as Tryamkin is still a kid.

Defence I'm going to have to go with Tryamkin. I could be wrong so I won't be surprised if I get called out on it, but Tryamkin is that solid at defending I can even imagine slow mo Chara being better than him. Tryamkin skates really fast for a big man and it helps him get back quick and use his huge frame to stop odd man rushes making them look very easy. Tryamkin is a very very good defender especially considering its only his first NHL season. Incredible.

Tryamkin is still young and he hasn't fully developed his game at the NHL level yet. TBH he is way better than Chara was in his first 2 NHL seasons. I am 92.7% sure Tryamkin will be known as the better player, but for that to happen he has to return and I fully believe he will.

Do you guys believe he will return? And do you believe he is a better version of Chara? 

BEFORE YOU ANSWER ENJOY THE BONUS VIDEO.

(should help you forget about temporary loss of our big man)

This is seriously getting out of hand.

This obsession with him and debating whether he comes back is getting old. 

Give it a rest people. It's starting to sound like that EX that dumped you that you can't seem to get over. 

Should probably have read this somewhere earlier....but, what are the rules on returning to the NHL from KHL  ?

At will ?

When contracts up ?

Buyout/transfer can be negotiated ?

Other ?

How long do we retain his rights ?

Indefinitely ?

Determined period ?

Thanks in advance...

27 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It hurts the team, but if he doesn't want to be here, to hell with him.

Could be family reasons.

What if he seen that we wouldn't compete for 2-3 years and decided to go home and start a family. He could have went to JB and said hey I want to spend time with my family for a bit and while I do that I will fine tune my game.

I was harsh towards him at first but it really hurt when I read he was gone. He was my favourite new Canuck not named Bo. 

No1 knows the real story and I'm just speculating as much as anyone else, even though No1 knows if he will return or not.

What I really believe happened was WD deployment. Tryamkin was being played as the rookie even though he was out playing every Dman not named Tanev. Once he sees that Green is a better coach that may be enough to convince him. 

Other ways to try and get him back?

1. $

2. Win Dahlin

3. Trade for Nikushkins right (I know that's mis-spelled)

4. Trade for Yakupov

5. Bring in all the Russians, even Ovi

He's coming back. I just know it!

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Comparing Tryamkin to Chara is a joke.

Chara is a legend in the NHL .....   Tryamkin hasn't done anything yet in the NHL and then ran home to his mommy.  

Comparing McDavid to Gretzky must be a joke to then right? 

Get outta here Mr.  Negative

I chose, "it hurts the team but don't miss him" option. Not because I won't miss him but because I didn't like the miss him like crazy option. I think we will manage without him.

I'm also not sure if his departure hurts the team that much. I don't think the team is going to be any better with him in the lineup next season and other players will fill the role left by Tryamkin.

Somehow, I think he will be back in about 2-3 seasons from now and maybe going back to Russia for now is good for his development. And when he does comes back, he will be a great addition to a team that should be about ready to compete. 

20 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This is seriously getting out of hand.

This obsession with him and debating whether he comes back is getting old. 

Give it a rest people. It's starting to sound like that EX that dumped you that you can't seem to get over. 

That's exactly what it is. What's worse than an ex leaving you for an unknown reason.

The depression is real

4 minutes ago, khay said:

I chose, "it hurts the team but don't miss him" option. Not because I won't miss him but because I didn't like the miss him like crazy option. I think we will manage without him.

I'm also not sure if his departure hurts the team that much. I don't think the team is going to be any better with him in the lineup next season and other players will fill the role left by Tryamkin.

Somehow, I think he will be back in about 2-3 seasons from now and maybe going back to Russia for now is good for his development. And when he does comes back, he will be a great addition to a team that should be about ready to compete. 

in 2-3 seasons he may not have a spot. Thats the real shame of this, he really was progressing nicely, but F'n Willie in a pathetic effort to save his job threw him under the bus. I really am surprised Jim didn't have a better handle on it but I think thats why they were looking for a guy like Kruger who really pays attention to his players to help on player management. It also makes me wonder what Linden does all day. Yah I"m still bitter. 

6 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

What I really believe happened was WD deployment. Tryamkin was being played as the rookie even though he was out playing every Dman not named Tanev and Stecher. Once he sees that Green is a better coach that may be enough to convince him.

Well, Willie was fired before he bailed on the team.

I think by the second season over there in the K, by then his wife will have a kid, family life will settle down, then it's purely a business decision as Benning should make a strong 4-5 year offer at Edler/Tanev rates. Of course a KHL buyout will have to be negotiated.

Green shoud help pitch him on the game plan and ice time issues.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

in 2-3 seasons he may not have a spot. Thats the real shame of this, he really was progressing nicely, but F'n Willie in a pathetic effort to save his job threw him under the bus. I really am surprised Jim didn't have a better handle on it but I think thats why they were looking for a guy like Kruger who really pays attention to his players to help on this end. It also makes me wonder what Linden does all day. 

On defence, there will always be a spot for a quality player I think.

Besides, we don't really have great depth on D prospects.

On the LHD we have Edler, Hutton, Sbisa, Holm, then Juolevi, Pedan, McEneny, and Briesbois.

On the RHD, we have Tanev, Gudbranson, Stecher, Biega, then, Subban, and no one else as I far as I know.

I'm going to assume that one of Edler, Tanev, or Sbisa will be traded (Edler or Tanev) or lost via expansion draft (Sbisa). My guess is that it's going to be Tanev since he has the most trade value. That leaves one spot on RHD open. Of course, we may draft a top level RHD in the next two seasons but even then, that player may not be ready in 2-3 seasons.

If Tryamkin improves in Russia, then JB's will make a spot for him.

Archived