The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Tryamkin Return To The Canucks?

Hortankin

Tryamkin   

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's possible he returns, with what's happening in the KHL and other big guys making the leap, I could see him following suit. He says the KHL is just as good, but I think he'll be in for a surprise this year and he could become disappointed by it. To say his shot is comparable to Chara's is insane, Chara had the hardest shot in the NHL for a long time. You're trying to stretch it too much. He's was good, but not an all-star. 

He was a young man who had a long way to go. I am not sure he has the drive to be successful in this league. He was a third round pick and some make it and some don't.

If he changes his mind then he will need to come back willing to give it 100%.

7 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Comparing McDavid to Gretzky must be a joke to then right? 

Get outta here Mr.  Negative

He's seriously on the ball with the Chara comparisons, at first I thought you were joking until I read further.  His shot is nowhere near Charas, Bobby Hull, Al Mcannis and Weber are the only comparables there (in or locks for the HHOF), or his leadership, or passing...his hitting is, and he is a good skater for a big man.  

Tryamkin left.  If he becomes the best defenseman in the KHL, which he wasn't when he left, than maybe we could bring it up again.  

How many all-star games has he been too? Norris trophies and finalists?  If he was this good even WD would have noticed and put him out there in all situations and played him 27-30 minutes like Chara played for more than half his career.

I like Tryamkin, thought we really had something, especially for such a late pick.  He may never suit up for us again, wish he would, time will tell.

Pretty disappointed he opted out.

I don't know what benning promised him to get him over here the way he left seemed like he was lied to just to get him under contract, managment and willie screwed him over so he felt jaded.

playing  Larsen over tryamkin is just a flat out insult, a totally out of shape tryamkin is still ten times the player Larsen was. 

i think he'll be convinced to return but it'll be after next season when benning is next to willie in the unemployment line. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

Pretty disappointed he opted out.

I don't know what benning promised him to get him over here the way he left seemed like he was lied to just to get him under contract, managment and willie screwed him over so he felt jaded.

playing  Larsen over tryamkin is just a flat out insult, a totally out of shape tryamkin is still ten times the player Larsen was. 

i think he'll be convinced to return but it'll be after next season when benning is next to willie in the unemployment line. 

Gotta agree with all you say.  I remember Bure feeling he was lied to and cheated, and it really upset him.  He left too, via trade, but would he have gone home to Russia if that option was available?  If Tryamkin comes back to the NHL, it will not be here, regardless of who the coach and management are.  

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

This is seriously getting out of hand.

This obsession with him and debating whether he comes back is getting old. 

Give it a rest people. It's starting to sound like that EX that dumped you that you can't seem to get over. 

Agreed.   He made a business decision that sounds like it was also a family decision.   Let him live his life and move on from this.   If he wants to come back to the NHL someday, hopefully he is given that chance as he seems like a good guy in general who perhaps simply wasn't ready mentally to be that far from home and/or really did think he deserved more ice time and felt slighted.    Either way, or whatever combination, you don't want anyone on your team that doesn't want to be there nor do you want to keep fretting over it as he did what he did within all the rules and when he did play for Canucks never quit on them.    

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gotta agree with all you say.  I remember Bure feeling he was lied to and cheated, and it really upset him.  He left too, via trade, but would he have gone home to Russia if that option was available?  If Tryamkin comes back to the NHL, it will not be here, regardless of who the coach and management are.  

Really? How many of us make rash  decisions when we are young? He saw that we are a crappy team that offered a crappy contract. I'm hoping he is here for training camp in 2018.

It sucked seeing Artem Chubarov leaving right when he was on the upswing - sure hope this isn't a repeat. Bure, Larionov, Chubarov and now Tryamkin, maybe for Vancouver it is not from Russia with love...

His departure still hurts me. He was my favourite Canuck last season. The fear factor that he brought to the opposition probably helped us avoid even more injuries last season.

I want to believe he'll be back. Two seasons sounds about right.

Not that I want to wish bad fortune on people, but consider this: Russia is the top divorcing nation in the world (http://divorceinrussia.com/russian-divorce-statistics/). Perhaps Tryamkin's priorities change as he matures a bit, and he realizes that in order to reach his full potential, he needs to be back in the NHL.

11 hours ago, khay said:

If Tryamkin improves in Russia, then JB's will make a spot for him.

Its hard enough to do it here, I can't see him doing anything other than holding his current level of play by being in the KHL, its going to be much easier for him now too in that league with his experience here. 

remember when ryan suter left nashville for minny. Fans in nashville were very upset and every sports person on tv was talking abt how nashville can bounce back frm this, it was such a big loss. Life moves on and look at nashville defense now, they dont miss ryan suter. Canucks will cont. building the team without tryamkin, and for god's sake if he ever wants to come back to NHL, i hope canucks get rich on the back end and not sign him thus teaching this guy a valuable lesson. Tryamkin has chosen to wake out on canucks fr whtever the reason is, i dont care if hes the next chara, i dont want him on this team anymore

11 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Comparing McDavid to Gretzky must be a joke to then right? 

Get outta here Mr.  Negative

Yes comparing McDavid to Gretzky is a joke. I am far from negative but McDavid must put alot more time, championships and points in to even be stated in the same sentence as Gretzky

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

Yes comparing McDavid to Gretzky is a joke. I am far from negative but McDavid must put alot more time, championships and points in to even be stated in the same sentence as Gretzky

Gretzky had all those HHOF Oilers too.  McDavid is doing it on his own.  (Draisatl is okay, but he's not in a class like those star Oilers of the 80's)

He'll be back. He's a recently married young man. If he and his wife want to be in a more familiar setting for a while, that's their choice. He would also have to focus on preparation for next season if he would have stuck with us. From the sounds of it, they get to spud out in Russia over the off-season. Tryamkin actually thought he came into camp in shape. Now he can relax with his wife. Once the financial realities set in with the wife, then they'll look at the NHL again.

At the same age, Tryamkin had 2 g and 7 a for 9 p in 66 gp and was a -7 while Chara had 2 g and 9 a for 11 p in 65 gp and was a -27. Chara was traded twice before he became the player he was. It's all speculation at this point, but the potential is definitely there.

Just now, Alflives said:

Gretzky had all those HHOF Oilers too.  McDavid is doing it on his own.  (Draisatl is okay, but he's not in a class like those star Oilers of the 80's)

It is what it is, maybe some those HOF wouldnt be if they didn't play on that team or with the likes of Gretzky....you never know. We said that Crosby was the next Gretzky but he's not even close because of injury maybe, but like I said it is what it is.

Archived