The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Odds on 2018 Stanley Cup winner

I'm honestly surprised that Vegas is last. I don't expect them to be last next year. They'll get a half decent roster. All that they really need to battle through is building team chemistry.

So the decade long cheering against the Oil has started! Looking forward to hating on this greatly skilled team. I have a history of cheering against very good dominating teams that I feel like they have a major negative attribute (having been super lucky, super cocky, having an unfair starting advantage, or just plain cheaters...)

I've been cheering against:

- Pats since 2001

- Germany football team since 1990

- Bayern Munich since the 90s

- Real Madrid now that they've won 3 of the last 4 Champions Leagues, and specially cuz of Ronaldo

- Lakers during the Kobe era

- Heat & Cavs during the Lebron era

- I don't like baseball, but if I did, I'm sure I'd be cheering against the Yankees

- and now Oilers since McDavid and all the lottery wins!

It makes sports exciting even when my teams are in the gutters for these times (right now Canucks and all Dutch football teams). Looking forward to hating on the Oilers as they win multiple cups in the next decade.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Sad thing is that, when all is said and done, I think Vegas will actually finish with a better record than us next season xD

Yeah, I was going to say something similar "watch Vegas finish ahead of the Canucks, but watch them win the draft lottery and knock us down to 3rd"

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'm honestly surprised that Vegas is last. I don't expect them to be last next year. They'll get a half decent roster. All that they really need to battle through is building team chemistry.

and on tap booze and ho's. You know its going to pop up as an issue for someone on that team. Or visiting teams. 

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 9:56 AM, -AJ- said:

All that they really need to battle through is building team chemistry.

Being the underdog virtually every single night is a good rallying point to start building team chemistry - then McPhee and co. just need to select the right mix of players.   They've already got a head start over other expansion teams the way the NHL rigged the rules for them.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, The Sedge said:

Edmonton pretty high up on that list.  Amazing what one generational player can do for you.

Getting McDavid helps but the Oilers now have a good management team and they have done a lot of things right over the past couple of years.

9 hours ago, JamesB said:

Getting McDavid helps but the Oilers now have a good management team and they have done a lot of things right over the past couple of years.

You can argue they never would have got the management or free agents they signed without McDavid first.  It's a domino effect.

Archived