Markstrom

Expose:

Sbisa

Gaunce 

Boucher

Biega

Megna

etc. 

In summary, there's a 95% chance we lose Sbisa. No need to make things more complicated than that. 

That's pretty much my list too.

I'd say that there's a pretty good chance that Benning is at the very least, talking to Vegas about which player to take and offering something in return. We can afford to lose a forward, more than we can afford to lose a D for nothing.

Maybe an offer of, take Gaunce and we'll throw in our 3rd or 4th round pick.

After the expansion draft, there will be even higher demand for top 4 D. If there is any chance that we actually trade Tanev, that's probably the time to do it. Something where we pickup a replacement forward and a good D prospect.

I wouldn't cut any deals where we lose a player and then toss in a pick to have no loss someone better. Sbisa is reaching the peak of his career, at least that's what history tells us, and he's still not quite performing up to his contract.

Gaunce is a cheap option that fills in his role with the team well, and is a bit younger than Sbisa.

I honestly hate to lose anyone, but Sbisa is the better loss for us right now. Of course replacing a D is always hard, but we're going to have plenty of chances to do so in the next 2 or 3 years.

On 6/14/2017 at 11:21 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'd been trying to figure out if the Canucks might do the 8 and 1 route. Defense seems to have a much higher value right now than forwards, so do something like:

H Sedin

D Senin

Eriksson

Horvat

Edler

Gudbranson

Tanev

Sbisa

Markstrom

After the draft, move a D to improve forward again.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we've all been expecting it will be Sbisa or Gaunce who goes to Vegas.

I'd be curious to see all the other Dmen available, it very well could be Gaunce taken. He's progressed well, ready for more ice, and is young and a strong 4th line player who MAY be able to move up a lineup over time , has size and can play C or W. Alot of "utility" to his game.  I'm not sold on it being Sbisa, but will clearly depend on who else is unprotected.

LV can only take 9 defensemen.  Is Sbisa among the top 9 available?  And let's  not forget that Vegas are not only drafting their 23 man NHL roster, but also the core of their farm team.  They might be interested in someone like Biega ... a good call-up depth defenseman but also a proven AHL captain

11 minutes ago, Googlie said:

LV can only take 9 defensemen.  Is Sbisa among the top 9 available?  And let's  not forget that Vegas are not only drafting their 23 man NHL roster, but also the core of their farm team.  They might be interested in someone like Biega ... a good call-up depth defenseman but also a proven AHL captain

Minimum 14 F, 9 Ds, 3 Gs - and are free to choose any position for the remaining 4 so they could take 13 Ds.

Expose edler he won't waive his ntc so he has no trade value to this franchise. If hes picked up his contact is gone and we lose a guy that plays like he just doesn't care anymore. 

That's if edler can be exposed I thought he had to be protected but others have said he doesnt

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think we've all been expecting it will be Sbisa or Gaunce who goes to Vegas.

I see that Capfriendly has Dorsett available in the draft.  I though he was exempt due to injuries?

If so, I could see LV taking him over Gaunce, just to add some grit to their team.  Maybe Dors becomes iffy, due to neck surgery though.

Something no one is talking about, but I'm going to put out there: what if Vegas signs Miller? 

They want a veteran presence in net. Giving Miller a one or two year contract to be their starter while they bring along their young net minders might be just what they need. It would make more sense than taking Fluery, because the Pens have better assets than we do in other positions that Vegas could take. Miller is probably our best player, and he's being left exposed. It would make a world of sense. Not far for him to go to LA.

8 minutes ago, Canucks1000 said:

Something no one is talking about, but I'm going to put out there: what if Vegas signs Miller? 

They want a veteran presence in net. Giving Miller a one or two year contract to be their starter while they bring along their young net minders might be just what they need. It would make more sense than taking Fluery, because the Pens have better assets than we do in other positions that Vegas could take. Miller is probably our best player, and he's being left exposed. It would make a world of sense. Not far for him to go to LA.

I think the team that will sign him is Arizona. The trade of Smith opens the way.

Archived