The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Bravo Bergevin wow

really makes up for the PK trade I guess.

Even if Serg ends up being top two d seems like a heavy win for Montreal 

For sure. Because Drouin is already a top 3 forward, whereas Sergachev being top 2 is anything but sure in my opinion.

Wow, so all it took to get Drouin was Sergachev huh? Good prospect sure and I could be very wrong but I think Yzerman didn't get quite the same value back?

1 minute ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I think they have a good young RHD in Juuslen and Serge is a fair price for Druoin. 

MTL probably tried floating Juulsen first, but if he can keep the production going in the AHL they may have a good player there. But for sure this is a quality for quality deal.

1 minute ago, khay said:

For sure. Because Drouin is already a top 3 forward, whereas Sergachev being top 2 is anything but sure in my opinion.

Wow, so all it took to get Drouin was Sergachev huh? Good prospect sure and I could be very wrong but I think Yzerman didn't get quite the same value back?

They don't have to protect Sergachev, so this also garauntees they keep Killorn as well. Another aspect to consider this year in trades. Plus cap space.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would we trade Juiolevi for Chucky?  Ouch!  That would hurt:(

They are probably looking for someone that is further along.  They want to move on from Beaulieu.  So on LD they have Jordie Benn, Emelin and they want to bring back Markov. 

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Holy crap, this is massive. This looks like it'll be good for both teams going forward, both teams get what they need out of this. I'm actually kinda surprised at how even this looks.

Gonna be interesting to see what else Montreal does.

Cue the Tanev for Galchenyuk trades now!

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Pretty depressing considering our equivalent deal would of been Juolevi and a 2nd for Drouin.  I would of done that in a heartbeat.

Doesn't solve anything. Just creates a need for defense instead of forward. 

Just goes to show the value of a potential top pair D man.  Tampa gave up a proven top 6 forward for a guy that has not even established himself in the NHL yet.

Maybe "dim" Jim is not as dim as some think when he took Juolevi at #5.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

if they do go for Tanev (who they dont really need) it would be for a lot lot less than Galchenyuk 

Actually probably not. Mtl is in win NOW stage. You have a veteran group of offensive forwards (excluding Drouin), Weber, Markov, and of course Price, these are not young bucks anymore. Tanev is one of the top 5 defensive RD in the league, he solidifies their second pairing, and his value is very high as he's only 26 (Galy is only 3 years younger).

It is a trade thats actually very plausible give the market for a D like Tanev

Drouin has proven he has elite potential in the NHL, and he got traded for a Dman with only 'potential' - Tanev is a PROVEN top 2 dman in the league, think about apples to apples here. Relative to Sergachev clearly Tanev should be able to command ALOT higher actually. 

This trade is good because it shows fans what Tanev's true value is when a "prospect" gets you Drouin. Perhaps people will realize JB knows what he's doing.

Archived