The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Drouins stats this past season were very similar to Horvat. I'm sure Drouin probably has a higher ceiling but why does it seem like he's considered so much better than Horvat? Drouin has shown attitude with his contract hold out, while Horvat is showing himself to be consummate captain material.

nice guys finish last?

To be honest I dont know why, but I think Horvat is the best player we have by far (all around) and would want more than what TB got for Drouin if he were ever traded. 

4 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

its possible OJ was not enough to get it done. Last year while waiting tables I talked to a Predators scout in town for a golf tourney right before the draft. I asked him who the canucks should take and he said Tkachuk. I asked who he liked better between OJ and MS and he said MS.

Last year, before the draft, I was riding my scooter along Granville, and a little birdie landed on my steering wheel.  I asked him who the Canucks should draft at five, and he said (okay tweeted) "Juiolevi".  I asked why not Tkatchuk or another dman, and the birdie tweeted again, "Juiolevi".  Maybe JB got those tweets too? 

2 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Drouins stats this past season were very similar to Horvat. I'm sure Drouin probably has a higher ceiling but why does it seem like he's considered so much better than Horvat? Drouin has shown attitude with his contract hold out, while Horvat is showing himself to be consummate captain material.

Drouin plays in the east and horvat plays for van. Also Drouin was a 3rd overall and hyped like crazy in junior 

I'm not completely sold on Drouin being a superstar just yet.  He did well last year in Tampa's high octane offence that has a lot of weapons.  Now we will see how good he is in Montreal's pop gun offence.  A team which typically goes as far as Price can carry them.

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder if this deal puts some pressure on Toronto to get into the arms race and pick up Tanev? Reiley and Tanev played great together during the 2016 worlds and would be a great top pair for TO.

I think it was pension plan puppets out of toronto that did a nice write up on this and showed on an advanced stat level how those two actually fit like a glove in terms of covering each others deficiencies.

Sadly there is nothing Toronto is willing to give up that is worth Tanev. Carrick Leipsic and a 2nd is our Raymond/Ballard etc trade

Conversation of filling a MAJOR hole for Toronto starts and ends with Nylander. While they wouldn't want to that's the market now, look at what Larson and Sergachev got

5 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Drouin had 26pts on the PP - his 5v5 numbers are pretty average this season.

Their best PP players have upwards of 30pts while Henrik leads the team with 15 PP points.

7 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Those are all number 1's. A player like Tanev allows that #1 to play very offensively. I am not delusional. His numbers show he is a top 5 defensive dman in the NHL in the ENTIRE league.

That is not a #3 - that is the perfect partner to an offensive Number 1. Anyone who understands hockey 'gets' that. I never said number one I said top 2 (you can argue semantics that top 2 means a number 1 as well, but everyone here but you understood the point, argumentative annie)

You need to play 2 defensemen at a time in hockey. How can a player who plays on the top pairing not be considered a number 1 defensemen if both he and his partner are on the ice the most. Those players I listed are not offensive number 1 players. They are players that can contribute offense despite playing with a mediocre d partner or lackluster offense; something Tanev cannot do. 

The fact you think tanev is a top 5 defensive d man in the league shows your way of thinking is flawed as one dimesional players are not top pairing defensemens 

1 minute ago, PassittoBoeser said:

I think it was pension plan puppets out of toronto that did a nice write up on this and showed on and advanced stat level how those two actually fit like a glove in terms of covering each others deficiencies.

Sadly there is nothing Toronto is willing to give up that is worth Tanev. Carrick Leipsic and a 2nd is our Raymond/Ballard etc trade

Conversation of filling a MAJOR hole for Toronto starts and ends with Nylander.

I doubt the move Mr. Double Flamingo, but Tanev for the 17th oa, Kapanen and Rychel would fill some holes for us.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Last year, before the draft, I was riding my scooter along Granville, and a little birdie landed on my steering wheel.  I asked him who the Canucks should draft at five, and he said (okay tweeted) "Juiolevi".  I asked why not Tkatchuk or another dman, and the birdie tweeted again, "Juiolevi".  Maybe JB got those tweets too? 

yea...im lying to prove a point....

I guess the moral of my story is just because OJ went before MS, and MS fetched Drouin, does not necessarily mean that OJ would have done the same.

3 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

You need to play 2 defensemen at a time in hockey. How can a player who plays on the top pairing not be considered a number 1 defensemen if both he and his partner are on the ice the most. Those players I listed are not offensive number 1 players. They are players that can contribute offense despite playing with a mediocre d partner or lackluster offense; something Tanev cannot do. 

The fact you think tanev is a top 5 defensive d man in the league shows your way of thinking is flawed as one dimesional players are not top pairing defensemens 

Wow I must be psychic, I said you'd play semantics because you appear to be a troll - So I actually made the point that when I said top 2 CLEARLY EVERYONE HERE KNOWS I MEANT TOP PAIRING / #2 TO OFFSET AN OFFENSIVE PARTNER - DID I CLARIFY IT AGAIN ENOUGH FOR YOU? THROUGH YOUR HEAD YET?

You play semantics even though I made the bolded point in my previous comment

You ignore that point

Thus you are a troll - He's not a top 5 Defensive Defensman? really? OOK 

Move along punk -go find a life  BLOCKED 

7 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Drouin plays in the east and horvat plays for van. Also Drouin was a 3rd overall and hyped like crazy in junior 

So it's leftover hype and greater exposure to the Eastern media machine.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Drouin had 26pts on the PP - his 5v5 numbers are pretty average this season.

Their best PP players have upwards of 30pts while Henrik leads the team with 15 PP points.

Even more reason Horvat should be considered at least equal. Horvat barely gets PP time, mostly because he's good on the PK.

Archived