The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, cdubuya said:

yea...im lying to prove a point....

I guess the moral of my story is just because OJ went before MS, and MS fetched Drouin, does not necessarily mean that OJ would have done the same.

I actually think the Habs won this trade hands down.  They got a proven, and young player for an unproven 19 year old.  Big win for the Habs is my opinion.

Good trade for both teams.  The Habs get a player that will improve their team now and in the future.  They have the cap space to upgrade both RFAs Drouin, Galchenuk and Beaulieu so there future looks bright.  I don't see how they can re-sign both Markov and Radulov though.   Drouin will be a hefty ticket seller in La Belle Province.

TB gets a ED exempt young dman, who will likely become top 4 (or better).  The concern for Serg to head back to Russia is nonsense.  He's a successful NA player for 2 years now.  Really doubt he has his eyes set on the KHL.  TB has excellent scouting, so you can be sure that they will find a gem in the 2nd round of 2018 draft.

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I doubt the move Mr. Double Flamingo, but Tanev for the 17th oa, Kapanen and Rychel would fill some holes for us.

Ya but I think we need high end talent not volume of middling maybes. No thanks, better partner's out there to get a top end player vs some middle 6 guys and a pick,

Not saying Toronto does that deal for Nylander at all, that's why they are not our best partner

1 minute ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Wow I must be psychic, I said you'd play semantics because you appear to be a troll

You play semantics even though I made the bolded point in my previous comment

You ignore that point

Thus you are a troll - He's not a top 5 Defensive Defensman? really? OOK 

Move along punk -go find a life  BLOCKED idiot

Whats your definition of defensive defensemen. Is it different than stay at home defensemen. Defensemen that has all defense and no offense? 

Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

39 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

if they do go for Tanev (who they dont really need) it would be for a lot lot less than Galchenyuk 

I dont follow. Another Larsson/Hall esque type of deal just happened and youre downplaying Tanevs value? Segachev is projected to be at the very least a top 4 d and without proving anything in the NHL just landed a star winger in Drouin. I wouldnt even trade Tanev straight up for Galchenyuk. If anything, this probably helps Benning in his negotations with Tanev. 

I would even go as far to say Tanevs value just went up. 

Just now, PassittoBoeser said:

Ya but I think we need high end talent not volume of middling maybes. No thanks, better partner's out there to get a top end player vs some middle 6 guys and a pick,

Not saying Toronto does that deal for Nylander at all, that's why they are not our best partner

yah to me a deal with Dallas makes the most sense by far, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Whats your definition of defensive defensemen. Is it different than stay at home defensemen. Defensemen that has all defense and no offense? 

Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

Go look at advanced stats ok? Bye

And if you think Hedman is a #2 or Suter or OEL

LOL

5 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

Shot suppression scoring chances blocked shots etc etc etc ALL in Tanevs favour.  The job of a defenceman is to prevent goals and defend the zone.  Tanev is without question one of the best in the league for this.  There is literally 0 argument against this.  None.  At all.

It's an unassailable point based on the not only on ice effort but also analytics.  

I can see what point you're trying to make here but you're missing the actual point that PITB is trying to make at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

I dont follow. Another Larsson/Hall esque type of deal just happened and youre downplaying Tanevs value? Segachev is projected to be at the very least a top 4 d and without proving anything in the NHL just landed a star winger in Drouin. I wouldnt even trade Tanev straight up for Galchenyuk. If anything, this probably helps Benning in his negotations with Tanev. 

I would even go as far to say Tanevs value just went up. 

100% As I said it's showing what the market value of Dmen is in the league and many here underestimate Tanev's value

Larson for Hall

Sergachev for Drouin

That's sets a pretty obvious market for someone who's on a great money ball contract, is top 5 in advanced def stats in the NHL and is only 26 AND is a NATURAL RD which are hard to find 

As I said if Toronto wants to Talk, its not Carrick, Leipsic and a 2nd, its Nylander or the click on the phone (clearly TO won't do it, but that trade suggestion out there is bs if you look at the market).

Pundits think the Canucks will just 'give up' players because they are rebuilding, no, JB understands he has a valuable chip here and won't give it away, which is good.

This does in fact increase Tanevs value almost without question.  It's a great move for both teams honestly both for now but also in the future.  One HAS to wonder if Bergevin will attempt to see if he can rope in Yakupov as well now so he can call his forward core complete and spend the ED and off season sussing out D men to fill the future hole left by Sergachev's leaving.

I guess we can look back as it was and piece the rumours of Yzermans ask for Drouin over the last 16 months together and then use that with this trade as a comparable to Tanevs value

4 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Sergachev has the ability to be a top 2. If he reaches that potential then tb wins this.

This is a ballsy move on both sides. Sergachev and hedman together sounds scary. 

Agreed but at this STAGE Mtl has won the trade, and that can change but it has HELPED the Nucks immensely by giving another high value offensive player for a dman that Tanev is better than.

It's setting a  market that is helping us. Dallas #3 alone may not be enough for this draft.

Archived