The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Nashville could try to move Jarnkrok or Neal today

7 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Perhaps we could send Sutter and a prospect their way for Jarnkrok?

Why not try just getting Jarnkrok for a pick, and then leave Baer or Sutter exposed to Vegas? Vegas may not pick Sutter and we'd get to keep both. 

12 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Why not try just getting Jarnkrok for a pick, and then leave Baer or Sutter exposed to Vegas? Vegas may not pick Sutter and we'd get to keep both. 

Jarnkrok has worse numbers than both Baertschi and Sutter.  He's a defensive C that at times plays higher in the lineup for lack of options.

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Jarnkrok has worse numbers than both Baertschi and Sutter.  He's a defensive C that at times plays higher in the lineup for lack of options.

I thought he was a better passer than Sutter, more like Bonino? or is that impression off?

Jarnkrok is a great complimentary player. But he's not the type of player to build a team around. He's absolutely NOT what we should be looking for (unless it's super-cheap, and only to later flip him for more).

Use the pick, and try to find a building block.

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I thought he was a better passer than Sutter, more like Bonino? or is that impression off?

Better passer than Sutter but he too doesn't really generate offence - it's Fiala that carried the line.  A swap Sutter-Janrkrok could be interesting (lower cap hit and younger) but having both on the team is overkill.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Better passer than Sutter but he too doesn't really generate offence - it's Fiala that carried the line.  A swap Sutter-Janrkrok could be interesting (lower cap hit and younger) but having both on the team is overkill.

interesting... thanks. 

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

What's been said and who has been saying it about Dallas?

it was earlier this week on the morning show, Pratt I think made a comment that he heard talks weren't going anywhere. 

On the surface trading 33oa for Jarnkrok seems like a good deal. However with us drafting likely Vilardi/Glass I dont see the point. I also think there will be some very good talent left at 33 (Brannstrom, Hague, Yammamoto, PO Joseph, Jokiharju, Lind etc.) there will be steals of the draft to be had at 33. 

Archived