The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Montreal and Vancouver

To Montreal

Hutton

Baertschi

To Vancouver

Galchenyuk

Montreal needs and gets a top-4 left-handed defenseman. Hutton is a young defenseman who had seasons of 25 and 19 points on a ridiculously low-scoring team. Hutton can play alongside Weber and with further development on a better offensive team it is likely that he can become a puck-moving two-way defenseman who can consistently score 30 points or more. The Habs also get a young top-6 left winger capable of scoring 40-50 points right off the bat to help replace the offense lost by trading away Galchenyuk.

The Canucks get a bona-fide top-6 left winger with the potential to become a 1st liner. Galchenyuk, who had seasons of 20 and 30 goals, was on pace for 59 points and 23 goals had he played a full 82 game season this past year. He may not end up as a centre long-term, but Galchenyuk is young and can develop alongside Bo Horvat and Brock Boeser. That trio will quickly become the next offensive leaders of the franchise.

well Baertschi would fit in with Montreal's smurf (Gallagher, Byron, shaw, plekanec)....but seriously I don't think this is the deal Montreal is looking for.  With Drouin, Pacioretty, Gallagher and possibly the re-signing of Radulov, I believe Montreal would want a top 6 center in return for Galchenyuk or a potential top pairing Defense to complement Weber.

I doubt they trade him for quantity, rather than another quality player.

58 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

To Montreal

Hutton

Baertschi

To Vancouver

Galchenyuk

Montreal needs and gets a top-4 left-handed defenseman. Hutton is a young defenseman who had seasons of 25 and 19 points on a ridiculously low-scoring team. Hutton can play alongside Weber and with further development on a better offensive team it is likely that he can become a puck-moving two-way defenseman who can consistently score 30 points or more. The Habs also get a young top-6 left winger capable of scoring 40-50 points right off the bat to help replace the offense lost by trading away Galchenyuk.

The Canucks get a bona-fide top-6 left winger with the potential to become a 1st liner. Galchenyuk, who had seasons of 20 and 30 goals, was on pace for 59 points and 23 goals had he played a full 82 game season this past year. He may not end up as a centre long-term, but Galchenyuk is young and can develop alongside Bo Horvat and Brock Boeser. That trio will quickly become the next offensive leaders of the franchise.

Except that uh.... I mean.... You'll figure it out I'm sire...

I'd say trade Tanev and sutter instead.

montreal needs a center and defense 

Tanev probly isn't enough, sutter makes it even.  Sutter would likely waive. 

Would rather trade the older guys than Hutton and Baertschi.  Montreal is in win now mode with Price entering his thirties and the Weber trade.  If done now we could still protect sbisa and pick a center at #5. 

Only problem would be the type of d-man Montreal needs and their cap space but let's let Montreal figure it out after this deal. 

34 minutes ago, brian42 said:

I'd say trade Tanev and sutter instead.

montreal needs a center and defense 

Tanev probly isn't enough, sutter makes it even.  Sutter would likely waive. 

Would rather trade the older guys than Hutton and Baertschi.  Montreal is in win now mode with Price entering his thirties and the Weber trade.  If done now we could still protect sbisa and pick a center at #5. 

Only problem would be the type of d-man Montreal needs and their cap space but let's let Montreal figure it out after this deal. 

Neither Sutter nor Tanev address Montreals needs.  (1 or 2C and a fast puck moving LHD) 

Definitely interesting. I'd rather not lose two roster players, maybe Hutton + pick but if we were to lose Baertschi, hopefully MTL would compensate with a pick, even if it's a later one (2nd-3rd rounder?).

They desperately need centers though so I don't see them trading away Galchenyuk without getting a center back. Stepan would be interesting for them if they want to toss Baertschi along that way after, because they're absolutely stacked at wing.

Montreal wants a C1 or an impact LD.

McKenzie says that Brodin is a D that could interest Montreal. 

Also they don't need yet again another winger - they've added Drouin and they already have Pacioretty and Lehtonen at LW. 

10 hours ago, mll said:

Montreal wants a C1 or an impact LD.

McKenzie says that Brodin is a D that could interest Montreal. 

Also they don't need yet again another winger - they've added Drouin and they already have Pacioretty and Lehtonen at LW. 

Swap Hutton for Edler. Make sure you let him know he's not in the future plans as he stated he would waive if that was the case.

Archived