The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Cody Franson on TSN1040

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If we're going for hometown boys, I'd rather bring Alzner home though.

Alzner would be a solid addition to our D but he'd literally cost you double Franson and he'd demand long-term contract with NMC/NTC I'm assuming at this point in his career.  He's good, but no way he's twice as good as Franson. 

I'd consider Alzner on a big contract perhaps, but only if one (or both) of Edler/Tanev are shipped out for some youth/picks.  Otherwise it would make little sense for us to be playing Edler/Tanev/Alzner 1/3 of the minutes every game while the 4-5 younger guys split the remainder of the minutes. 

2 hours ago, Canucks1000 said:

Not the worst d-core I've seen. Doesn't fix the problem of offence on the back-end though when you look at it. Would give OJ another year to develop though.

About 4 of them blokes have pretty heavy shots.

Another bonus is our fringe-youth could further develop on the farm.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If we're going for hometown boys, I'd rather bring Alzner home though.

I'd take either! Hey... maybe we get lucky and land Price next year! 

Really hope Jimbo moves one of our dman prior to the draft... Losing Sbeezus for nothing would hurt. 

Trade 1 guy ... sign Franson or Alzner... 

Asset management. 

Edler Stecher

Alzner Gudbranson

Hutton Franson

Definitely adds more size to the D core.

I hope stech bulked up over the summer..

Maybe some boxing lessons too, he was a target last year for sure. 

We just don't need to have our guys beat on because of their size but jb it seems is trying to match a big stay at home guy with smaller offensively minded guys who can join the rush and add some more goals.

Edler Stecher

Alzner Gudbranson

Hutton Franson

Definitely adds more size to the D core.

Jesus Christ, stay the **** away from Alzner.

Franson would be a good pick-up though. Underrated effectiveness, just needs to be sheltered because good forwards will expose him defensively.

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'd take either! Hey... maybe we get lucky and land Price next year! 

Really hope Jimbo moves one of our dman prior to the draft... Losing Sbeezus for nothing would hurt. 

Trade 1 guy ... sign Franson or Alzner... 

Asset management. 

I agree but then there's something a lot most fans forget thinking sbisa is gone for sure because vegas has a salary cap too and sbisa's contract  isn't exactly chump change. I'm patiently waiting to see where it goes since it will have an effect on us being the LAST thing we need during a re-build.

3 hours ago, k_man08 said:

adding size is one thing.. i would like us to add mobility to our D-core more though.

With offense drying up on the Forwards end, i'd like our D to be able to score some timely goals in PP/help move pucks out to our Fwds so they can maybe score. Franson isn't really all that great. Maybe as a 6/7th D.

sir you can get bigger mobile dmen, just because your big it doesn't mean you can't be a really fast skater, it just takes work. Bo for example, he improved his skating a lot!  

We do need bigger, faster, and skilled guys but at forward not defence anyway except maybe one but certainly mobile is possible with size. usually comes with a price or through development but we can only wish and hopefully jb can do something once the sedins are gone or cuts in pay...  miller as well...

adding size is one thing.. i would like us to add mobility to our D-core more though.

With offense drying up on the Forwards end, i'd like our D to be able to score some timely goals in PP/help move pucks out to our Fwds so they can maybe score. Franson isn't really all that great. Maybe as a 6/7th D.

sir you can get bigger mobile dmen, just because your big it doesn't mean you can't be a really fast skater, it just takes work. Bo for example, he improved his skating a lot!  

We do need bigger, faster, and skilled guys but at forward not defence anyway except maybe one but certainly mobile is possible with size. usually comes with a price or through development but we can only wish and hopefully jb can do something once the sedins are gone or cuts in pay...  miller as well...

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Jesus Christ, stay the **** away from Alzner.

Franson would be a good pick-up though. Underrated effectiveness, just needs to be sheltered because good forwards will expose him defensively.

Yes. No thank you please to Karl Alzner.

Bad situation for that here right now.

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

You do realize Franson and Bo have a very big age difference. Bo also has a much higher ceiling than Franson. at this point Franson is who he is.. he won't be getting any better so it would be foolish to think if he tries, he'll be faster.

I rather give the roster spot to one of our prospects to see what they got if we can't get someone from available UFAs. If franson comes dirt cheap (1 - 2 Million per year) then great. else i'm not interested personally.

Archived