The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017 Expansion/Entry Draft

Master Mind

52 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

GM Tim Murray over here.

39 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

In all the drafts, he would walk up, say the name, walk down. No thank you's to the city of Florida, no appreciate to the fans, no thank you to the watch party at Butch Goring's Bar and Grill in Saskatoon.

Watch the first two picks of the McDavid/Eichel draft, it's hilarious. Edmonton does like a 3 minute long presentation with 8 people on stage, the entire katz family, would like to welcome to the city of edmonton, etc. etc.

Tim Murray walks up, alone, says "Jack Eichel" and clears out of there as soon as he possibly can. Your post was similarly succinct.

Not the best showing of diplomacy I've seen in this league.

This is a 29th pick in a fantasy draft you're referring to and comparing to a 2nd overall irl - one Tim Murray cried publicly over - having to 'settle' for Eichel.

Tim Murray is a dolt.  inane not so much.

I'd much rather a GM makes a prompt pick - taking only 15 minutes as inane has - as opposed to wasting half a day.....

Anyhow, I enjoy some of the dressed up posts with pictures and niceties, but if someone compared me to Tim Murray I would not take kindly to it.

Here, some of us are making picks whiile at work, or pulled over at the side of a road on our cell phones.  The principle courtesy is simply making the pick in a timely way or submitting a list - the rest is cotton candy.

Just now, oldnews said:

Not the best showing of diplomacy I've seen in this league.

This is a 29th pick in a fantasy draft you're referring to and comparing to a 2nd overall irl - one Tim Murray cried publicly over - having to 'settle' for Eichel.

Tim Murray is a dolt.  inane not so much.

I'd much rather a GM makes a prompt pick - taking only 15 minutes as inane has - as opposed to wasting half a day.....

Anyhow, I enjoy some of the dressed up posts with pictures and niceties, but if someone compared me to Tim Murray I would not take kindly to it.

Here, some of us are making picks whiile at work, or pulled over at the side of a road on our cell phones.

Sorry If i was complaining! I wasn't complaining at all! I personally  prefer Murray's style of succint drafting, and had literally zero problem with what @inane did (sorry inane, if you thought I was complaining - anything but). The comparison to Tim Murray was meant as a favourable one, and not as a reflection on his actual quality as a GM (which I won't comment on). My GM can vouch for me that, before our own pick, I said we should be a little bit more like Tim Murray ourselves, make the pick and get out. It wasn't meant as an insult - I'm sorry if you took it as such.

4 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Sorry If i was complaining! I wasn't complaining at all! I personally  prefer Murray's style of succint drafting, and had literally zero problem with what @inane did (sorry inane, if you thought I was complaining - anything but). The comparison to Tim Murray was meant as a favourable one, and not as a reflection on his actual quality as a GM (which I won't comment on). My GM can vouch for me that, before our own pick, I said we should be a little bit more like Tim Murray ourselves, make the pick and get out. It wasn't meant as an insult - I'm sorry if you took it as such.

no worried, not a big deal - just chirping you really - I just find Murray so bizarro that I thought inane should justifiably be separated from any association lol.

btw thanks for your response.

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Shall I wait until the trade is processed to make the next pick?

If Master MInd isn't around, maybe just add somethingvery and Cap'n Azzy to the conversation so one of them can confirm, or get Sidney Raymond to post a confirmation here - either should be good to go imo.

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

It involves a big player, and I believe trades like that can be Veto'd. No?

if you think it's questionable then yeah, maybe best to let the execs look at it - I'd assumed it was a pick for picks deal.

1 minute ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

On Fantrax, Karlsson is shown as being on the Oilers.

Does that count?

Fantrax is a friggin mess right now. Everything we traded to Vegas for the ED is still on our team. Wouldn't go by anything there.

2 hours ago, Tigs said:

Just checking through the draft list. Is there a reason that I have so many picks later on this draft? Is it because there were missed picks last year?

Yes. They are make up picks, cannot be traded. There's another team who has then as well.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill guys ^

If picks are traded for just picks, you don't need to wait for me to post the trade, just announce yourself that it's been dealt to keep things rolling.

Bigger trades will have to wait, and I'll be getting to my inbox shortly. Fantrax is a mess right now, so use the draft spreadsheet. I'm swamped with work and coaching and haven't had much time lately. Apologies for things being delayed.

^ A lot of the "Fantax mess" is due to the transition from the playoff profile to the 2017/18 season. Specifically frustrating was that the draft pick allocations did not transfer over so they have to be done manually (and I'm only halfway through that update). 

Continue to use the playoff profile to know correct draft pick changes, and even more current theJazz97's entry draft Google spreadsheet linked at the front if the expansion draft thread. 

Also wanted to note, the way the time restraints have been set up in the communicated in the posting yesterday has ensured that our draft will be completed before the end of Friday, so none of our picks will gain the advantage of viewing the RL entry draft prior.

Appreciate the patience of our GM's on this; I've tried to get a $$$ raise from Master Mind in order to work the overtime needed to update our league stuff quicker, but he's playing hardball and is hearing none of it.

Archived