The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tanev to ARZ

15 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'd settle with Tanev (no retention) for the 7th overall + Merkley

but why are we so worried about filling every hole this draft? We have multiple years to build and acquire assets. 

It's called new toy syndrome with a side order of impatience.

17 hours ago, J.R. said:

Because they need to sell tickets (by winnning games) while keeping costs under control. A $2.95m Tanev and plenty of C depth to cover the loss of Dvorak does that.

It's not about 'contending', they're in desperate need for a top 4, right side D (Tanev) to be competitive., And FYI, Tanev's only 1 year older than OEL.

They've got a bunch of guys on or coming on ELC's and bridge contracts. This their time to make a push at, at least appearing competitive and making the playoffs. Not only as a hockey team but as a business.

A stay at home 10 pt DMan with industry history sells tickets more than a high draft pick?   Really?

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

A stay at home 10 pt DMan with industry history sells tickets more than a high draft pick?   Really?

Winning games does. Tanev helps that.  

They have plenty of 'sizzle' available elsewhere in their lineup. 

I think with Vegas opening shop after todays ED there will be plenty of talent out there for teams to choose from. I think Tanev remains with the Canucks for the foreseeable future as there is no way they are getting back anywhere close to the value that they/we feel Tanev brings to the Canucks. 

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think with Vegas opening shop after todays ED there will be plenty of talent out there for teams to choose from. I think Tanev remains with the Canucks for the foreseeable future as there is no way they are getting back anywhere close to the value that they/we feel Tanev brings to the Canucks. 

Yeah, I tend to agree.   Might as well keep Tanev for most of the season and then see if there's a desperate contender(s) requiring El Supremo Shot Suppressor of the Right Handed Variety.  By then, there could be all kinds of injuries, slumping players and general malaise for some of these cup hunters.   Bidding war would be nice.

Meanwhile, the Canucks are blessed with his expertise and mentor ship during the regular season.  Win-Win for all.

On 2017-6-22 at 1:08 AM, J.R. said:

Winning games does. Tanev helps that.  

They have plenty of 'sizzle' available elsewhere in their lineup. 

They really don't have any sizzle at all in their lineup. Vrbata was their leading scorer with 20 goals and 55 points. No one else had 40 points. Adding Tanev isn't going to be enough to make them competative. Adding an exciting player would be a good idea in helping fill up seats. Tanev is the exact opposite of an exciting player. 

2 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

They really don't have any sizzle at all in their lineup. Vrbata was their leading scorer with 20 goals and 55 points. No one else had 40 points. Adding Tanev isn't going to be enough to make them competative. Adding an exciting player would be a good idea in helping fill up seats. Tanev is the exact opposite of an exciting player. 

Burmistrov, Capobiano, Chychrun, Crouse, Dineen, Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Goligoski, Keller, Merkley, OEL, Perlini, Strome...nope, no 'sizzle' there or coming...

On 6/20/2017 at 5:44 PM, Wilbur said:

Arizona says no, I don't see a rebuilding team trading for a 27 year old defenseman.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:43 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I honestly think you're asking too much here. Dvorak put up monster points his last two seasons with the Knights and had a very good rookie campaign with the Yotes. No, he doesn't have that first rounder pedigree, but I certainly think it's safe to say that he's more than made up for it with his play since being drafted.

I'd happily move Tanev for Dvorak + their 35th overall.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:45 PM, shiznak said:

Tanev for the 7th overall pick alone is an overpayment, for a rebuilding team.

Tanev return price is immensely overvalued amongst our fans. Unless some team overpay us, ala Edmonton with Larsson, I highly doubt Tanev's return will be anything more than a mid-teen first round pick, and two decent prospects.

I still say Toronto would be our best trading partner and would garner the most return for him. Something along the lines of; their first round pick (17th), Brendan Leispic, and Andrew Nielsen. Both whom, could step into our line-up next year.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:24 PM, Glory_Days said:

So Tanev for 7th pick and one of Dvorak/Strome?

No way they do that, why do they even want Tanev? They're years away from being a contender, going to groom their young ones.

That's like saying Anaheim will trade us Lindholm for our 5th and Boeser, sounds like a horrible deal for us and Lindolm is several years younger then Tanev.

So...ARZ looks like they're making trades and even acquired 3 year older (and IMO lesser) Hjarmalsson while giving up 7th+ for a backupo and an expensive 2C...

Seems like they're attempting to be competitive. Funny that.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

So...ARZ looks like they're making trades and even acquired 3 year older (and IMO lesser) Hjarmalsson while giving up 7th+ for a backupo and an expensive 2C...

Seems like they're attempting to be competitive. Funny that.

Tanev for their 7th + Dvorak

vs

Stepan (quality 2nd line center who is same age as Tanev) + Raanta (goalie who has been knocking on the starting goalie position for couple years now) for 7th + mouthpiece DeAngelo

Rangers deal is better. Tanev is good, but people on here treat him like he's the best friggen non offensive defensive in the entire league...funny that.

1 minute ago, Glory_Days said:

Tanev for their 7th + Dvorak

vs

Stepan (quality 2nd line center who is same age as Tanev) + Raanta (goalie who has been knocking on the starting goalie position for couple years now) for 7th + mouthpiece DeAngelo

Rangers deal is better. Tanev is good, but people on here treat him like he's the best friggen non offensive defensive in the entire league...funny that.

You left out salary retained and that I noted some likely +/- pieces. Funny that.

Regardless, the point was more about ARZ making a push.

Just now, Glory_Days said:

People on here disagree with your trade proposal, so you act passive aggressive towards them. Funny that! ::D

Not passive at all ::D You guys were wrong as shown by ARZ's moves today. Tanev involved  or otherwise.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Not passive at all ::D You guys were wrong as shown by ARZ's moves today. Tanev involved  or otherwise.

Ur cute :)

Why don't we wait and see what kind of return we may get for Tanev, if we do trade him. Pretty sure lot of you will be shocked when we don't get a top 10 pick and other teams 2nd best prospect.

Edit: Changed from 5 to 10

Just now, Glory_Days said:

Ur cute :)

Why don't we wait and see what kind of return we may get for Tanev, if we do trade him. Pretty sure lot of you will be shocked when we don't get a top 5 pick and other teams 2nd best prospect.

Again...

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You left out salary retained and that I noted some likely +/- pieces.

And 7th is not top 5 and Dvorak would be a stretch to be their 2nd best prospect.

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

Burmistrov, Capobiano, Chychrun, Crouse, Dineen, Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Goligoski, Keller, Merkley, OEL, Perlini, Strome...nope, no 'sizzle' there or coming...

OEL and Domi have sizzle. Keller is going to have sizzle and a couple other name in there will get it as well but overall the Coyotes aren't one of the more exciting teams yet.

That being said you were absolutely right and I was wrong. I thought they'd look to get younger and look for more flashy players. Instead they acquired aging vets that aren't the most exciting to watch that make the team better but sold the future a bit in the process. Honestly shocked they gave up the 7OA and Deangelo. They did trade Smith and getting Raanta will be good for them. He's 28 but for a goaltender that is still fairly young. Stephan is 27 and has some good years ahead of him.  With the trades they've made and the prospects looking to break out Arizona may be back in the playoffs this year

On 2017-6-21 at 11:01 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I'd be okay trading Tanev to BUF for Kane, or perhaps Hutton and Baertschi for Kane+. Canucks could use some nastiness in their top 6. Kane - Horvat - Boeser would be fun to watch.

I would be fuming if we traded Tanev for one year of Kane. We can just sign Kane as a Ufa for free next year 

Archived