The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Adidas jersey is out!

Crimson-JH

Why can't they switch back to the block lettering font for the numbers & names and get rid of the stupid agency font??

I agree 100% get rid of the "Vancouver" from the front, never liked it as it always looked out of place.

Doesn't really look much different... I still like it. 

The "Vancouver" part is magnificent... not sure why people don't like it. 

I kinda prefer the old colours used around 2002-2004 plus the gradient red jersey but w.e! 

1 hour ago, tbone909 said:

I was talking to a local sport retailer about 3 weeks ago about this. He doesn't like the samples he's seen from Fanatics and is still planning on selling the Reebok versions for as long as they are making them, i think he even told me he bought extra stock of the Reebok ones. The Adidas game jerseys are going to be in the $300 dollar range when they release them to the general public.

Are they reasonable facsimiles of the authentic jerseys? Or are they Chinese knockoff to real thing kind of deal?

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Doesn't really look much different... I still like it. 

The "Vancouver" part is magnificent... not sure why people don't like it. 

I kinda prefer the old colours used around 2002-2004 plus the gradient red jersey but w.e! 

It makes the jersey too cluttered looking.  Anyways, every hockey fan knows that the Canucks are based in Vancouver, so why does it have to be slapped on the front of the jerseys? 

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It makes the jersey too cluttered looking.  Anyways, every hockey fan knows that the Canucks are based in Vancouver, so why does it have to be slapped on the front of the jerseys? 

To be fair, the halloween skate logo had "Canucks" on it and every hockey fan knows that the Canucks are the Canucks. Even Toronto, an original 6 team, and often considered the "center of the hockey world" has their entire name on the jerseys.

Now obviously Vancouver doesn't "have to" be slapped on. I actually kind of like it to be honest but everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

11 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Where did you get that? The one's online is still listed at ~$118. I ordered one after seeing the stupid water mark is still there. Hopefully it gets here by Friday down in Illinois so I can wear it to the draft. Left mine original one back home in van city.

15 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Where?  I would love to cop a Horvat or Boeser for that cheap.

15 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Where???????

IMG_2420.JPG

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To be fair, the halloween skate logo had "Canucks" on it and every hockey fan knows that the Canucks are the Canucks. Even Toronto, an original 6 team, and often considered the "center of the hockey world" has their entire name on the jerseys.

Now obviously Vancouver doesn't "have to" be slapped on. I actually kind of like it to be honest but everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

I don't mind city or team names either IN the logo, or forming the logo themselves (ie. the Wild's 3rd logo), but shrinking or offsetting our real logo to slap on large font wordmark of a long city name above it seems ridiculous.

2 hours ago, tbone909 said:

I was talking to a local sport retailer about 3 weeks ago about this. He doesn't like the samples he's seen from Fanatics and is still planning on selling the Reebok versions for as long as they are making them, i think he even told me he bought extra stock of the Reebok ones. The Adidas game jerseys are going to be in the $300 dollar range when they release them to the general public.

Did you ever ask him to see if the Fanatics set will also have the hologram shield on it, or just plain patch?

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

time for new jersey's get rid of the vancouver and redo the uni's

bring back the black , yellow and red as they were our best

Meh, I just want to see us with a logo long-term like most other teams. Please no more going back and forth. lol

14 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

Did you ever ask him to see if the Fanatics set will also have the hologram shield on it, or just plain patch?

It wasn't a long convo and he had just told me that he was not carrying them, so i can't really say.

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Meh, I just want to see us with a logo long-term like most other teams. Please no more going back and forth. lol

well that is what I am saying, get a new logo but use our best coulors, red, yellow and black!  we looked like beasts with the black!

Archived