The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Adidas jersey is out!

Crimson-JH

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

well that is what I am saying, get a new logo but use our best coulors, red, yellow and black!  we looked like beasts with the black!

But then there will be people saying the same thing about bringing back our current logo or the stick in the rink. lol

It's too bad we changed so much over the years. No one really does the same in most of the other Canadian teams as they pretty much started with one logo and stuck with it, with variations of it of course, but never an entire'y new logo.

Thinking about it, it's also too bad that yellow and orange would look weird with blue and green, otherwise they could just combine it all. lol

19 hours ago, thejacer said:

such a missed opportunity. what a waste. maybe they will change it for the 50th anniversary like a poster above said.... at this point, does anyone like the orca??!?

Many of us love the Orca.

4 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Add me to the list who want to know where the old jerseys are $69.99 they are $118.99 sale price on NHL.com :angry:

5 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Where is that?  I want!!!

5 hours ago, apollo said:

69.99?! Where?! 

Oh sorry. Champs.  Forgot to put the store lol

23 hours ago, BananaMash said:

God that word art is hideous.

I don't hate the orca but having VANCOUVER over top of it makes the jersey so busy. Especially when you slap on an additional "C" or "A" on there for the captains/

That being said, I am whelmed. It's basically the same thing.

Still better than having "BELL".

6 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

This would've been perfect, if they do these small upgrade to the collars! :( 

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.20.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.23.07 PM.png

In one of my earlier posts I said the exact thing, to have the whole edge be white on the blue jersey similar to how it is on the white one, but I also wondered how the green would look under the NHL logo. I'm not sure if I like the green or not. I definitely approve of extending the collar down though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 9:57 AM, tbone909 said:

I was talking to a local sport retailer about 3 weeks ago about this. He doesn't like the samples he's seen from Fanatics and is still planning on selling the Reebok versions for as long as they are making them, i think he even told me he bought extra stock of the Reebok ones. The Adidas game jerseys are going to be in the $300 dollar range when they release them to the general public.

spoke to team store today, on ice jerseys are 300$

way too much!! 

and they didnt say that was with a name!

Authentic jerseys will always cost more because they are made in Canada, replicas (excluding older verisions i.e. ccm), where as replicas are made in Indonesia. Also, Reebok is owned by Adidas, so I don't think you'll find too many new reebok replicas. I'll wait for a year or 2 until all tweaking and third jerseys are released before I buy a new one.

Also I really like the sleeves on the away jerseys.

And personally, I don't care about the wordmark, everyone is way too picky.  

On 20/06/2017 at 10:32 PM, Crimson-JH said:

Hanger effect is the subtle design on the inside collar of the jersey, it pays a little homage to their own team/city cultures.  

The Canucks only have green on the inside

Look at some of these examples:

St. Louis have their City's flag

2672_TLP_B_Spot_Teaser_FB_BREAKAWAY_BLUE.jpg

Coyotes with Kachina pattern:

2672_TLP_B_Spot_Teaser_FB_BREAKAWAY_PHCY_V1.jpg

Nashville with Piano keys:

2672_TLP_B_Spot_Teaser_FB_BREAKAWAY_PRED.jpg

Maybe the could add a salmon?  Or a burning car? (Too early?)

Archived