The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Awards and NHL Expansion Draft

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, I'm okay with that. Gaunce has some sky high bottom six potential. It does hurt our defense to lose Sbisa, but also gives Holm and Juolevi a better chance at making a splash.

Yeah Sbisa can be replaced. Its nice to not have lost a young player and/ or picks. 

7 minutes ago, Shaodin said:

I get it but damn what a way for an expansion team to get fans.  By stealing players from every other franchise  

I wouldn't exactly call a half billion dollar fee for those players "stealing".  ;)

Looking forward to Luca signing here next summer lol.

Might be the most improved Canuck over the past couple seasons.

If Tryamkin hadn't moved on this might be considered an expendable loss, but the two of them in short order is not insignificant.

2 minutes ago, CanucksHomer said:

Who was Flordia protecting by giving up Marchessault and Smith and a 4th? 51 and 37 point players respectively.

Only person I see not protected was Jagr, Demers and Jokinen. Thats a lot to give up to protect one of these guys.

3 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

$3.6m in additional cap space for us now as well 

Yeah but we have to re-sign Bo to a long term contract plus need some space to sign Tram when he returns. We need to conserve some money as well to sign some depth free agents that are of better quality than Megna, Chaput

9 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Really don't get this Gaunce obsession. He hasn't shown much improvement and can't score either. I like him and he's definitely a serviceable 4th line C, but that's about it. We would be far better off losing him then Sbisa. Oh well.

Same with obsession people had for Corrado

Just now, Nucksfansince91 said:

Welcome To the team Juolevi. You are now a lock for a roster spot. Pretty pumped about this to be honest. We are freed up 2.7million which is a plus but not relevant for a rebuild but it's still a positive! 

I bet Holm makes the team over Juolevi.

I don't think Juolevi is ready yet, and a couple media guys see Holm as NHL ready as a bottom pairing guy.

Archived