The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, runtzguy said:

I can see why people wanted Glass. But I wanted Petterson right from the beginning because I see him as a 1st line playmaking center. Also, my ranking was Petterson, Vilardi, Glass. Petterson and Vilardi makes the players around them better. Glass is a good player but doesn't have the quality to make players around him better; at least in my opinion.

We'll see in 3 years I suppose.

Just now, funkyfresh said:

Just because the style might be similar doesn't mean he'll have similar success. He's not as smart as Karlsson.

At his draft, Karlsson wasn't as smart as Karlsson....if he was he'd have been 1st OA

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

JB has bet his career on Pettersson.  No way he survives if this pick flops.  But if Pettersson pans out, he will forever change how he is precieved.  Whether JB is a genius or yokel, he has some huge cojones on him.  Swing for the fences, lets all hope he actually knows what he is doing, too late to change corse now.  

EmW

Completely agree, this is Benning's career on the line. Pettersson is going to go one of two ways - the next Nick Backstrom/Datsyuk or a complete flop and ends up back in the Swedish Elite League for his career. High risk, high reward. JB has always been a ballsy GM but this is the Canucks future on the line and he's pulled a gusty move. Lets all just hope it works.

Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, Gaudette, Gaunce. That center depth is average in the West. We still need to be better, and we've got the luxury of being able to flip Pettersson to the wing (Gaudette and Sutter and Gaunce too, to an extent). I wouldn't be happy with that core going into the playoffs on a deep run just yet. Of course the next burning issue is defence which we can address in the 2018 draft, but I don't like how the Pettersson-Horvat duo stack up against McDavid-Draisaitl or even the Flames or Sharks.

Just now, funkyfresh said:

Just because the style might be similar doesn't mean he'll have similar success. He's not as smart as Karlsson.

DRAFT DAY Kaarlsson and early nhl career Karlsson was a turnover machine and very skinny because he was always pushing the play.

He really matured and his decision making and risk taking really improved along with his skills they have gone to a whole nother level of craziness.

Liljegren is very similiar to Karlsson at the same age IMO.

Think you forget Karlsson was a late round pick for a reason

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Hoping Timothy doesn't go to the leafs, he can just skate the puck to Matthews and pile up the points. That and Mike will get what anyone can out of him

Liljegren is available at the Leafs spot, Babcok will grab him and laugh his arse off the whole way turning him in to a Lidstrom lite

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 3