The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Pettersson has the patience to wait for the defenceman to slide out of the shooting lane before firing it far post. That inch of space he put the puck in wouldn't have been there if he had shot even a half second earlier. Just shows how smart he is.

that is a real game breakers goal. we got a real gem in him.  the patience is nuts. not sure he'd get that much time in the nhl but it shows he can wait ppl out. a lot of what makes a good player us patience. in any position goal, forward, d. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Thanks for the update. But boy he is at 20 pts at 17 GP. This is crazy, I hope we give him the time he needs when he arrives at North America, let him develop into a bonafide elite #1 center that I think he could be. He could potentially break Henrik’s Canucks franchise record in points by the end of his career.

break? you meaan shatter! :D yay baby future hall of famer coming babyyyyt!!

54 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Thanks for the update. But boy he is at 20 pts at 17 GP. This is crazy, I hope we give him the time he needs when he arrives at North America, let him develop into a bonafide elite #1 center that I think he could be. He could potentially break Henrik’s Canucks franchise record in points by the end of his career.

No pressure then, eh?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Mr53 said:

Here are the top-10 scorers in the SHL under 20 years old

image.png.37d30b3e6d3cea8cd828f9fd48f4b78c.png

As you can see, it's pretty close

On a side note, Dahlin tied for second, as a Dman, in his draft year... It's been said a thousand times, but damn that kid is special.

• Upvote 2

This guy has skill like few Canucks we have ever seen.

Sedins

Naslund

Bure

Mogilny

are the only ones with his crazy high end skill that I can think of.  Of course we all thought that CoHo was going to be a crazy high end guy when he led the WJHC in scoring.  But it is pretty cool to observe his skills and stats.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Mr53 said:

Here are the top-10 scorers in the SHL under 20 years old

image.png.37d30b3e6d3cea8cd828f9fd48f4b78c.png

As you can see, it's pretty close

His PIM lead amongst that peer group is most impressive - for a guy that weighs about as much as a decent Christmas turkey playing in one of the top men's leagues in the world not named NHL as a teenager has not shown any shyness about the rough going and is scoring from the places one can get hammered.    This player may be really special - it has been a long time since the Canuck organization has had anyone with this much natural skill.   He may become of the most talented players to have ever played in Vancouver - if he can take that talent and convert it to the NHL game, this could be something very special for the Canuck franchise.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

His PIM lead amongst that peer group is most impressive - for a guy that weighs about as much as a decent Christmas turkey playing in one of the top men's leagues in the world not named NHL as a teenager has not shown any shyness about the rough going and is scoring from the places one can get hammered.    This player may be really special - it has been a long time since the Canuck organization has had anyone with this much natural skill.   He may become of the most talented players to have ever played in Vancouver - if he can take that talent and convert it to the NHL game, this could be something very special for the Canuck franchise.

He got a 10 min game misconduct one game when he forgot to tuck his jersey. So if you took that away he only has 2 PIM.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

10 of those PIM are from an equipment violation.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Squeak said:

10 of those PIM are from an equipment violation.

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

He got a 10 min game misconduct one game when he forgot to tuck his jersey. So if you took that away he only has 2 PIM.

Can you say Lady Byng silver lining! ?

44 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I knows he's a Canucks prospect and all but can EP please get some f#%&$ publicity on either the score, TSN or NHL.com? Am I crazy... Jesus man this kid is the hottest thing since sliced bread, but even that cooled off. 

Nah, let 'em bask in the Leaf and Oiler miracle kids for now.  EP matching Nylander then Gaudette, Juolevi and the others coming in will change their tune pretty quick.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I knows he's a Canucks prospect and all but can EP please get some f#%&$ publicity on either the score, TSN or NHL.com? Am I crazy... Jesus man this kid is the hottest thing since sliced bread, but even that cooled off. 

I am actually fine with him getting little publicity. I rather him come to the NHL and wow every critics and silence all the Canuck haters. A lot of ppl were laughing at Benning taking Pettersson over Glass and Vilardi. Now I think in a re-draft, he may go as high as #2 based on D+1 stats.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Man he loves that spot/shot::D

Maybe its Elias, not a new PMD as our PPQB on the new horizon? 

39 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I've seen a few articles.  The Hockey News has a weekly hot prospects report. A few weeks ago they mentioned it would be redundant to put him in every week???  :lol:

Here is some more;

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-prospect-elias-pettersson-sweden-2017

https://theathletic.com/116416/2017/10/03/elias-pettersson-has-bright-future-according-to-those-who-know-him-best/